MapInfo Professional 9.0 Delivers Powerful Data Access and Analysis Capability
- 18 May, 2007 12:05
<p>Leading Location Intelligence Solution Delivers Time-based Data Analysis, Microsoft Vista Compatibility, Superior Data Access, and High Quality Output</p>
<p>SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - 18 May 2007— Pitney Bowes MapInfo, the leading global provider of location intelligence solutions, today announced the release of MapInfo Professional® 9.0, the latest version of the company’s flagship application for business mapping and analysis. The enhanced MapInfo Professional offers several new advantages including support for the Microsoft Windows Vista® platform, enhanced database support, direct access to more data formats, and the power to combine time and location-based analysis.</p>
<p>“MapInfo Professional provides direct access to multiple forms of data, regardless of the format, enabling our bureau to consistently use the most up-to-date and accurate information available,” said Gena Denis, GIS coordinator for the Maine Department of Conservation, Bureau of Parks and Lands. “Now with MapInfo Professional, we have instant access to all forms of data, which has delivered enormous savings in time and resources.”</p>
<p>MapInfo Professional is a sophisticated mapping application that enables organisations to leverage data with a location component, leading to more insightful decisions for both business and government organisations. In this newest enhancement, MapInfo Professional delivers features and capabilities that enable users to access, analyse and map their data in new ways and more efficiently. MapInfo Professional 9.0 offers:</p>
<p>* Superior Data Access: MapInfo Professional 9.0 provides direct access to new geographic or infrastructure data formats—including CAD and other GIS formats. This feature facilitates best-in-class product use, saving translation time and effort for end users, while simplifying data management. The new data access capability allows users to add up to 150 additional formats. This capability enables customers to analyze almost any data format directly from MapInfo Professional.
* High Quality Output: MapInfo Professional 9.0 provides numerous improvements that allow users to produce better quality output, such as labels that follow the curves of streets, and reusable print templates which are automatically populated at print time with dynamic information such as scale bar, print date and time, and map title.
* Time-based Data Support: New capability permits correlations between location and time-based activity. For users tracking time-sensitive information, such as crime data, traffic flows, accident data or emergency vehicle movement, this provides the ability to analyse information based on location and time of day in order to better predict time sensitive trends and improve decision making.
* Greater Deployment Flexibility: MapInfo Professional offers organisations more flexibility to meet today’s diverse IT requirements, including the deployment of MapInfo Professional via silent installs, which facilitates automated deployment to large groups of users. With support for Microsoft Windows Vista, Citrix® and Terminal services, flexible deployment options mean the investment of less IT time.</p>
<p>“The enhanced data integration, time-sensitive data and multiple deployment options available in MapInfo Professional 9.0 make it an integral asset to enterprises looking to gain more value from their data,” said David Sonnen, senior consultant at IDC. “The ability to work with multiple data formats is a significant advancement that enables companies to better utilise the location component of their data.”</p>
<p>“MapInfo has always been a pioneer in the location intelligence arena due to our dedication to anticipating and satisfying the needs of our customers, and MapInfo Professional delivers on organisations’ needs to simplify, integrate and expedite their most important decisions,” said Michael Hickey, executive vice president of operations, Pitney Bowes MapInfo. “With MapInfo Professional 9.0, organisations can work with a diverse data format environment, easily access the information and engage with the application and spend more time visualizing and understanding their opportunities and challenges in the market.”</p>
<p>MapInfo Professional 9.0 will be available in Australia and SE Asia in late June. For more information, please visit www.mapinfo.com.au.</p>
<p>About Pitney Bowes MapInfo</p>
<p>Pitney Bowes MapInfo, part of Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE:PBI), is the leading global provider of location intelligence solutions, integrating software, data and services to provide greater value from location-based information and drive more insightful decisions for businesses and government organisations around the world. The company’s solutions are available in multiple languages through a network of strategic partners and distribution channels in 60 countries. Pitney Bowes MapInfo’s regional headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia. Visit www.mapinfo.com.au and www.pb.com for more information.</p>
<p>This press release contains forward-looking statements involving risks and uncertainties. Any statement not a statement of historical fact is a forward-looking statement, including without limitation statements concerning demand for and benefits of Pitney Bowes MapInfo products and integration of its products with existing solutions. Actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied in forward-looking statements due to a number of factors, including those factors contained in the Company’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission under the heading “Risk Factors.” Pitney Bowes MapInfo takes no responsibility to update any forward-looking statements.</p>
<p>For more information please contact:</p>
+61 2 9954 3299</p>
- Pacific Boating sails into record growth thanks to IT investments
- 7 disruptions CIOs may not see coming: Gartner
- Airservices Australia flying high after 'biggest transition to cloud in government history'
- NAB and Westpac back smart receipt start-up Slyp
- Victoria Police arm highway patrol officers with real-time number plate recognition