New SAS®9 architecture delivers complete BI and predictive analytics solution
- 31 March, 2004 17:27
<p>Sydney, March 31, 2004: – SAS today announced the immediate worldwide release of SAS®9, complete with a new platform, enhanced analytics and refined user interfaces. SAS®9 will provide fresh insights for solving business problems and driving competitive advantage for large and medium businesses.</p>
<p>This intelligence architecture marks the most significant release in SAS’ 28-year history. SAS®9 is faster, more efficient and easier to use than its predecessors. It can accommodate changing organisational needs without any loss of efficiency. The new platform connects all SAS applications so they work together transparently, and it also communicates with other data sources and programs.</p>
<p>SAS®9 includes the SAS Intelligence Platform, a broad set of integrated software for unmatched data integration, easy-to-use business reporting and unparalleled analytics. It also boasts enhancement of the most tightly integrated optimisation and predictive analytics capabilities available, making it even easier to answer complex questions that cannot be addressed by traditional business intelligence (BI).</p>
<p>“For years, SAS has been known as the industrial-strength analytics standard of choice,” said Jim Goodnight, president and CEO of SAS. “SAS®9 delivers the depth and breadth of enterprise BI that goes far beyond traditional query and reporting to deep analytics – which is where most BI vendors stop short. The SAS Intelligence Platform gives organisations the decision-making confidence they need to meet regulatory compliance requirements and other business needs.”</p>
<p>SAS®9 - BI software designed to meet the challenges of today’s regulatory environment
The past 18 months has seen momentous events in the corporate world, internationally and locally, that have brought to the fore issues of corporate governance and the regulatory environment. According to Gordon Clubb, Managing Director of SAS Australia and New Zealand, there is strong market demand for BI tools that give greater insight into the true state of an enterprise at any given time and SAS®9 delivers just that.</p>
<p>“In Australia, the CLERP 9 legislation will demand increased organisational transparency and accountability, as will the Sarbanes Oxley legislation in the US. In addition, new capital adequacy requirements for banks resulting from the Basel II accord and the increasing focus on the prevention of money laundering will combine to compel all major companies to address issues of governance. In this environment, true BI made possible via SAS®9 will come of age, delivering unprecedented insight into the health of any organisation.”</p>
SAS®9 analytics are part of an integrated, scalable, high-performance platform that gives executives unprecedented foresight, allowing them to anticipate the changing needs of the organisation. Enhanced analytics in SAS®9 include a comprehensive set of capabilities like predictive and descriptive modeling, forecasting, simulation, optimisation, and design of experiments. SAS®9 takes full advantage of analytical advances, equipping users with additional and enhanced predictive modeling capabilities, PMML scoring code to ease deployment on analytics, and a Web-based model repository to enable reusability.</p>
<p>The enhanced software is equipped with Java interfaces, SAS Enterprise Miner and SAS Text Miner that help organisations analyse both structured data and unstructured text more easily. SAS text mining is fully integrated within SAS data mining, making it easy to achieve results more efficiently.
• SAS Enterprise Miner is powerful and flexible data mining software that simplifies and streamlines the process of analysing data. Its rich suite of integrated data mining algorithms is now enhanced with an easy-to-use Java interface, allowing business analysts, IT specialists and quantitative experts to extract business knowledge from vast data stores and then create results that can be integrated within operational systems. SAS Enterprise Miner is indispensable for analytical CRM and financial decision-support initiatives, for monitoring compliance, for detecting fraud and money laundering, and for quality-improvement use in manufacturing environments.
• SAS Text Miner discovers and extracts knowledge from text documents. It is used in analysing a myriad of data, including information from call centers, customer or employee surveys, competitive intelligence, and patents. SAS Text Miner can also help detect emerging product issues. In SAS®9, the solution supports several additional languages, expanding its usefulness globally.</p>
<p>Key benefits of the SAS® Intelligence Platform
The SAS Intelligence Platform offers a range of software, including data integration through the SAS Enterprise ETL Server, intelligence storage, advanced analytics, portal capabilities, and query and reporting through the SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence Server. The SAS Intelligence Platform lays the foundation for future SAS solutions.
• SAS®9 data integration includes data quality and a common metadata repository for ensuring reliability of information across computing systems. SAS Enterprise ETL Server cleanses and integrates data into a common, usable data store that offers an available, consistent and verifiable set of answers across the enterprise.
• Enhanced in SAS®9, SAS analytics answer complex questions. A diverse set of predictive, descriptive and statistical analytics software helps decision makers anticipate how their actions will impact the future.
• SAS®9 turns every employee into a knowledge worker. SAS Enterprise BI Server offers several user interfaces to improve usability throughout all levels of the enterprise.</p>
<p>SAS®9 delivers value to customers worldwide
Enterprise intelligence is considered a strategic asset. SAS’ Intelligence platform is scalable and manageable. Its user-friendly foundation extends the reach of intelligence into any organisational level. The SAS Intelligence Value Chain allows users to advance from simple data access and reporting to reap the added benefits of analytic intelligence without retraining. From data integration to unparalleled analytic capabilities to business reporting, SAS delivers value and drives immediate results. Our software helps organisations increase return on investment, lower the cost of IT ownership and create a sustainable competitive advantage.</p>
SAS is the market leader in providing a new generation of business intelligence software and services that create true enterprise intelligence. SAS solutions are used at more than 40,000 sites – including 90 percent of the Fortune 500 – to develop more profitable relationships with customers and suppliers; to enable better, more accurate and informed decisions; and to drive organizations forward. SAS is the only vendor that completely integrates leading data warehousing, analytics and traditional BI applications to create intelligence from massive amounts of data. For nearly three decades, SAS has been giving customers around the world The Power to Know®. Visit us at www.sas.com.</p>
<p>SAS and all other SAS Institute Inc. product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc. in the USA and other countries. ® indicates USA registration. Other brand and product names are trademarks of their respective companies.
Copyright © 2004 SAS Institute Inc. Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.</p>
- Alice through the looking glass: On the other side, the IT workforce must be (more) diverse
- Telstra CIO John Romano exits
- Visa changes “hurt us directly” says Atlassian’s Cannon-Brookes
- Govt's IT outsourcing bent has deskilled public service, says former DTO chief
- Children’s Cancer Institute’s Elaine Neeson eyes analytics