Embarcadero Technologies Extends Advanced Storage, Capacity and Performance Management Capabilities to IBM DB2 Universal Database
- 13 May, 2004 16:32
<p>EMBARCADERO TECHNOLOGIES® EXTENDS ADVANCED STORAGE,
CAPACITY, AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT CAPABILITIES
TO IBM® DB2® UNIVERSAL DATABASE</p>
<p>Embarcadero DBArtisan® Workbench Offers Complete Solution for Managing Multiple Database Platforms Throughout the Enterprise</p>
<p>Melbourne, Australia – May 13, 2004 - Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: EMBT), a leading provider of cross-platform data lifecycle management solutions, today announced that Embarcadero DBArtisan Workbench has been extended to support IBM DB2 Universal Database (UDB), versions 7.2 and 8.1. This analysis-focused version of the industry-leading DBArtisan tool already supports the Oracle®, Microsoft® SQL Server®, and Sybase® ASE database platforms. Today’s announcement allows DB2 database professionals to rely on the same powerful management and performance diagnostic capabilities from Embarcadero that nearly 11,000 companies, including 97 of the Fortune 100 companies, have come to rely on in managing their complex database environments.</p>
<p>Embarcadero DBArtisan Workbench is the market’s most comprehensive database administration solution. It includes all three of the Embarcadero Analyst Series components: DBArtisan Space Analyst, DBArtisan Capacity Analyst, and DBArtisan Performance Analyst. Through a powerful yet intuitive user interface, database professionals can now quickly and easily maximize DB2 performance by detecting and correcting problems early without coding long and complicated scripts. Users can also prevent downtime by anticipating future database growth and adding capacity before problems occur, and save time by automating the space maintenance of DB2 objects.</p>
<p>“With one solution, IBM DB2 professionals can now leverage Embarcadero’s built-in intelligence to ease the process of troubleshooting and resolving problems that threaten the availability and performance of mission-critical databases,” said Robin Schumacher, vice president of product management, Embarcadero Technologies. “With the additional support for the latest versions of DB2 to DBArtisan’s award-winning cross-platform functionality, we instantly expand the existing skill set of database professionals across multiple database platforms from a single point of control, allowing them to obtain better results with tight resources.”</p>
<p>Embarcadero DBArtisan Workbench includes key updates for DB2 including:</p>
<p>Embarcadero Space Analyst
* Provides a global view of DB2 database space usage for database partitions, table spaces, objects, and logs.
* Allows database administrators to quickly move between diagnosis and correction of space and object fragmentation-related problems.
* Introduces the DB2 Reorganization Wizard which allows database administrators to quickly and easily generate complex DB2 space management scripts for immediate or scheduled execution.</p>
<p>Embarcadero Capacity Analyst
* Collects and tracks key DB2 database object metrics over time including total and used object space, fragmentation information, and other key object-related statistics.
* Allows database administrators to add and remove collection metrics through the intuitive metric analysis editor.
* Displays collection data in a graphical format allowing database administrators to quickly analyze current and forecasted usage trends.</p>
<p>Embarcadero Performance Analyst
* Provides a global view of database performance metrics through an easy to understand graphical interface.
* Includes a threshold driven central alarm log, which is a one-stop notice board of all problems that a database is currently experiencing.
* Allows database administrators to get a high level performance overview or to drilldown to see details related to key metrics such as session activity, systems and session waits, locking and more.</p>
DBArtisan® delivers the industry's broadest cross-platform support, allowing database administrators to administer Oracle®, Microsoft® SQL Server®, IBM DB2 for Open Systems, DB2 z/OS and OS/390, and Sybase® ASE databases from a single console. Embarcadero DBArtisan Workbench support for IBM DB2 UDB (versions 7.2 and 8.1) is available for beta testing. General availability is scheduled for the summer of 2004. For more information on Embarcadero DBArtisan and other products from Embarcadero Technologies, visit the Web site at http://www.embarcadero.com or contact sales at +61 3 9510 0106
or at firstname.lastname@example.org.</p>
<p>About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: EMBT) is a provider of data lifecycle management solutions that help leading companies build, optimize, test, and manage their critical data, database, and application infrastructure. Nearly 11,000 companies, including 97 of the Fortune 100, rely on Embarcadero Technologies products to manage the explosive growth in data and ensure optimal performance of their complex, multi-platform applications and systems. Embarcadero Technologies is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Based in Melbourne, Victoria, Embarcadero Australia employs 6 staff in the Australia/New Zealand region and continues to develop and launch products into the Asian markets through both direct sales and a rapidly expanding reseller channel. For further information call +61 3 9510 0106 or visit http://www.embarcadero.com.</p>
<p>Embarcadero, the Embarcadero Technologies logos and all other Embarcadero Technologies product or service names are trademarks of Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.</p>
<p>Media Relations Contact:
Ph: 61 2 9977 8922</p>
- "Every toxic quality of tech" found in job ad for Sydney-based role
- SAP appoints new chief to billion-dollar ANZ business
- IBM "shakes down" every large tech firm for patent fees: Groupon
- How Data School Australia aims to train next generation of data analysts
- AustCyber: Time to 'harmonise' bamboozling government cyber advice