Financial Security with Webroot and Virginia Community Bank
Virginia Community Bank’s computer system, which networks these branches together, relies on connectivity to serve its customers and loan recipients, but was under a barrage of spam and spoof emails threatening bank security. Additionally, unrestricted Web use was impacting access, and bandwidth limits were disabling the phone system, while malware and other malicious code infected end-user machines. Read more.
While information systems may use increasingly complex security measures, these updates continue to leave one significant vulnerability unaddressed: employees themselves. Email, in particular, represents one of the largest threats that employees can unintentionally pose to their network’s integrity. To explore the email security threat landscape and identify best practices for countering the threat, Mimecast surveyed 600 IT security decision makers in four countries about their email security attitudes and behaviors. Download whitepaper »
Every day, security becomes a bigger concern for organisations of all shapes and sizes. Cybercriminals are becoming smarter and better at targeting weak defenses. This places employees in the crosshairs of an email attack. One of the most effective ways to take aim at the problem is to ensure that employees are trained and aware when it comes to security. This checklist looks at the 10 best practices to strengthen your organisation's human defense. Download whitepaper »
Cybercriminals constantly engage organisations in a game of leapfrog; system defenses improve so malware searches for new holes. Recently, ransomware, which has been around since 1989, has been gaining significant momentum. This malware relies on the increasingly simple economics of email attacks, anonymous payment methods, and the growing role of organised groups of criminals. Download whitepaper »
- Malware from Mirai DDoS attack continues to harass in short bursts
- Apple puts toe in touch waters with MacBook Pro remake
- The secret behind the success of Mirai IoT botnets
- To solve IoT security, look at the big picture, ARM says
- CIO security lessons: Dark thinking on IoT & exploding enterprise networks
- oOh's Brendon Cook takes out marketer of the year at AC&E Awards
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 27 October
- Why TEG has set up a data analytics business based on affinity data
- Carsales verifies ‘power of context’ in driving advertising success
- 1-800-Flowers wants to transform its business with A.I.