CIO Challenges: The Best Defense Is a Good Offense
CIOs have never been as business-focused as they are today, often ranking IT investments that contribute to the top-line above other investments. However, despite tightening budgets, CIOs are also investing in future performance. Read more.
Boards of directors are too often kept in the dark about the security risks to their organisations. That’s what the Ponemon Institute discovered last June when they surveyed members of the board of directors and IT security experts from the same companies. The Ponemon researchers found that 30% of directors acknowledge that they don’t understand the risks that their organisation faces in security matters. Yet more than 50% of the IT security experts believe that the directors who sit on the boards of their companies don’t understand the security environment that they are working in, or the risks it represents. Read this today.. Download whitepaper »
The most common means for enterprises to connect branch offices into the corporate data center is predictable, reliable, and relatively secure. Yet multi-protocol label switching (MPLS) is also expensive and inflexible, often requiring months to bring up a new branch. Today’s hyper-connected, cloud-based environments demand greater agility and efficiency. Enter the software-defined WAN, which can address this shortcoming in traditional WAN architectures by putting an overlay on top of them. In this eGuide, Network World and Computerworld explore the trends in software defined networks and offer in-depth advice on addressing the key limitations of today’s VPNs. Read on to see how software-defined WANs could help your company maximise its investments in the cloud. Download whitepaper »
Replicating data to a remote data center hundreds or even thousands of miles away helps enterprises improve the chances of surviving a regional disaster and ensuring business continuity. But when distance between sites increases, application performance suffers and networking costs escalate. This is why Kingston Technology, one of the world’s largest independent manufacturers of memory products, turned to Silver Peak to re-design its WAN. Download whitepaper »
- Govt calls on Aussie tech players to speak up over 457 visa abolition
- Impact Systems Technology brings NCS Technologies to A/NZ
- How the Govt plans to power up Australia’s cyber security sector
- Queensland's GCITS wins big at Ingram Micro's global partner awards
- Airservices calls on providers for IT infrastructure overhaul
- Should Aussie retailers be scared Amazon is coming?
- Bricks and clicks: Balancing digital and physical to win the retail game
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for this week - 20 April
- How UNSW's new marketing division is tackling digital strategy
- TEG conducts large-scale data science project to discover customer segments