Toyota is partnering with Stanford University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to research artificial intelligence and robotics, work they say will lead to autonomous cars.
Uber has tweaked one of the features in its app after it was shown to let sensitive trip data become publicly accessible through Google.
If you wanted to make your dumb home smarter, buy a fancy TV or get on board with the smartwatch craze, the IFA trade show this week was the place to be.
Ross Piper, Dropbox's vice president of enterprise, will play a key role in his company's efforts to justify its most recent $10 billion valuation, even as it continues to compete in the consumer space as well.
Microsoft announced Friday that it will be ceasing development on several apps Nokia developed for Windows Phone as the company streamlines the photo experience on Windows 10 Mobile.
While many are hoping that biometric technologies such as fingerprint readers will one day replace cumbersome passwords, the U.S. National Institute of Technology is looking even further out.
MDX-i, a subsidiary of MainOne, West Africa’s largest data center is tapping Microsoft's Azure to launch a cloud-service to help it meet the computing infrastructure needs of companies deploying private, public or hybrid clouds from its Tier III Data Center in Lagos.
The Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act, controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill, is likely to get a push for Senate passage this fall, amid doubts that it would have prevented recent major breaches.
Blackberry placed rivalries aside and purchased Good Technology as the phone maker moves further into the mobile security market.
Two French ISPs have asked France's highest court to overturn a secret government decree defining how French security services can scoop up foreign Internet traffic. They claim the decree is unconstitutional.
A LinkedIn-based intelligence gathering campaign has been using fake LinkedIn profiles to map out the professional networks of IT security experts.
The lead engineer of Instacart Nick Elser discusses how leveraging the cloud has been a powerful and successful experience for the one-hour grocery delivery service.
RMIT University is conducting research into overcoming security issues with single-sign on by developing continuous authentication as part of a partnership with CA Technologies.
A dispute between Microsoft and the U.S. government over turning over emails stored in a data center in Ireland comes up for oral arguments in an appeals court in New York on Wednesday.
The Food Printer from XYZ Printing will cost $1,800.
A new study from Microsoft researchers warns that many types of databases used for electronic medical records are vulnerable to leaking information despite the use of encryption.
Mozilla hopes to have its version of Firefox for iOS devices out by the end of the year as part of its push to grow its share of mobile traffic.
Amazon will acquire Elemental Technologies in a bid to enrich the video capabilities of its AWS cloud service, the company announced Thursday.
A former Tesla engineer could face five years in prison for allegedly accessing his former manager's email and pilfering employee evaluations that he shared with other workers.
Microsoft is planning to bring its internal tool for running hackathons to the public next year, starting by allowing a few select colleges to test drive it at their own events.
- Check out the Log Rhythm's NEW Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo – The World’s Most Important Gathering of CIOs and Senior IT Executives 26-29 October 2015 on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- Toyota funds AI research to build autonomous cars
- Uber links to sensitive ride data now expire after 48 hours
- Connected homes, smartwatches and gaming PCs dominate IFA in Berlin
- Dropbox's head of enterprise says collaboration will set it apart
- Microsoft kills off some of Nokia's apps for Windows Phone
- AOL acquires Millennial Media to bolster in-app and mobile smarts
- The 7 common mistakes marketing leaders are still making
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC