Mobile applications aimed at children are doing a better job in recent years of disclosing their privacy practices, but many apps still lack basic information, according to a U.S. Federal Trade Commission survey.
On Thursday, a site-specific search on Google for trip.uber.com produced dozens of links to Uber rides that have been completed and cancelled, in countries around the world including the U.S., England, Russia, France and Mexico.
Google Compute Engine, the company’s IaaS cloud computing offering, got a facelift today with the announcement that new autoscaling features and 32-core VMs would be available to the general public.
IBM's Internet of Things platform can now work with IoT processors designed by ARM, thanks to a new partnership between the two companies.
Samsung revealed that its new round Gear S2 smartwatches will start shipping in October, but has not revealed what they will cost.
Microsoft announced Thursday that it will be acquiring VoloMetrix, a company that provides analytics to help businesses better understand how their organization works.
Google is revamping its Street View service with an eye to attracting many more contributed 360° images.
One of the world's largest consumer drone makers says it's concerned hobbyists will face tougher restrictions over where they can fly if Amazon and Google get their way in creating dedicated airspace zones for commercial flight.
The hottest smartwatches at IFA in Berlin are Motorola's Moto 360s and the Gear S2s from Samsung Electronics. Here is how they compare.
Ricoh's Theta, a candy bar-sized camera that can capture all-around images, is getting an upgrade.
Cisco’s security consulting chief James Mobley outlines four areas CISOs need to develop their skills in order to keep up with the rapidly changing needs of corporate security.
Fully functional quantum computers are still a dozen years off, which is why Intel needs to invest in fundamental research now, according to CEO Brian Krzanich.
The Shopperz adware program uses a cunning technique to make DNS (Domain Name System) hijacking harder to detect and fix.
Airbnb is trying its hand at the Apple Watch, with a new app for that device focused on messaging between users of its home rental service.
Six months late, the home automation hub is here at last, with new sensors and a new video monitoring capability.
Pioneer is testing cheap, compact LIDARs by using know-how gained in laserdisc development and manufacturing.
Adopting new technology is the top priority for the businesses that are leading the pack when it comes to digital transformation, according to a Gartner survey.
Drone maker DJI is adding new features to some of its drones through a software update that should make them easier to fly.
Two Australian roboticists have developed a new underwater robot to tackle coral decline across the Great Barrier Reef caused by the crown-of-thorns starfish (COTS).
A court in California has approved a US$415 million settlement between tech workers and Intel, Google, Apple and Adobe Systems, who were accused of conspiring to prevent the poaching of each other's employees.
- Check out the Log Rhythm's NEW Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo – The World’s Most Important Gathering of CIOs and Senior IT Executives 26-29 October 2015 on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Uber ride data publicly accessible through Google
- Project Oxford: Microsoft serves up APIs for intelligent apps
- Google expands Compute Engine offerings with bigger VMs, autoscaling
- IBM, ARM collaborate on refining Internet of Things deployment
- Samsung will start shipping its new Gear S2 smartwatches in October
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC
- Report: Big data analytics delivers revenue dividends
- CMO Interview: Unleashed's Anthony Mordech on the software marketing evolution