The U.S. Senate voted early Saturday to block the USA Freedom Act, a legislation that aimed to put an end to the bulk collection of telephone records by the National Security Agency.
Has there ever been a Gartner Magic Quadrant as lopsided as the one issued this week for cloud infrastructure providers?
Android developers who want to keep tabs on how their apps appear to Google’s search engine got a couple of new tools on Friday.
The U.S. Senate was deadlocked on Friday over whether to extend authorization for the National Security Agency's massive collection of domestic telephone records, with Majority Leader Mitch McConnell insisting the surveillance program should continue with no new limits.
IBM says the growth in technologies such as cloud, analytics, mobile and security is "exacerbating the skills shortage" in the tech industry, and underscores the need for temporary foreign tech workers.
Thanks to augmented glasses, the U.S. Marines on Thursday were able to turn a golf course in Virginia into a simulated battlefield, complete with tanks, mortar fire and smoke.
The word "innovation" gets bandied about at virtually every tech event. It's the magic key to unlocking great competitive advantage and disrupting entire markets. CIOs are supposed to be masters of innovation.
There has been a massive increase in crowdsourcing sites that promise to get you a great product at a low cost. We are selling our San Jose home (maintaining two houses when you have four pets that don't travel well together didn't work) and decided this might be a good way to test one of these new services. My wife Mary, who was a creative director at Intel, handles our Web design and consultation business and I talked her into using DesignCrowd.
Demand for top software engineering talent is going through the roof, which makes recruiting and keeping exceptional developers one of a CIO's biggest challenges.. This is especially true if you happen to be in a location where you are competing for talent with a tech giant like Oracle or Google.
Pebble will start shipping its latest smartwatch next Wednesday and finish manufacturing all orders for the device by the end of May.
Captive centers -- in-house IT and business process delivery arms -- accounted for one quarter of the $150 billion global services market last year, according outsourcing consultancy and research firm Everest Group.
By building browsers with integrated ad blocking, German company Eyeo hopes to attract more users. A beta version of the Android browser is now available for download from the Play store.
Many smartphones can stand up to a splash or a dip in fresh water, but they don't go too well in seawater due to the corrosive salt.
Connected cars will mean mobile traffic jams, US wants to ban export of some security tools, exploits...Google planning IoT OS...and more tech news.
It's common sense to reset an Android phone to its factory state before selling or disposing of it. But beware, researchers recently found that this often fails to properly wipe all sensitive user data from the device.
If you think drones are more than slightly creepy, wait until you meet one that will autonomously follow you and record video.
A mobile browser owned by China's Alibaba Group contained privacy risks that could have exposed users' personal data, according to a security group.
Charles Tendell is trying to repair a reputation problem for his website, Hacker's List.
Rebecca Livesey, the interim CIO at construction equipment supplier, WesTrac describes herself as a deliberate imposter. Ten months ago, Livesey was appointed as the company’s interim IT chief to transform and lead the technology team.
Adult Friend Finder, one of the largest online dating sites, may have been breached more than two months ago, and the sensitive files -- include names, ages, email addresses, zip codes and more -- are apparently still online.
- Transition to the Agile Data Centre. Partnering with innovators to drive business and IT forward.
- Check out the NEW f5 Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Prevent – Detect – Mitigate. Advanced Threat Protection a multi layered approach to Security – Videos, Demos, Whitepapers.
- AusCERT2015 | st-5th June 2015 | Hear from Brian Krebs, Eva Galperin and Bruce Schneier - New registration packages
- Raiders change strip to support cancer research
- Chromebook sales up 27 per cent to 7.3 million units: Gartner
- Federal Government foreshadows changes to spectrum pricing and allocation
- Seventy per cent of Australian small businesses predict growth in year ahead
- OWASP releases new security standards for app developers
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door
- The old billboard gets the flick as digital OOH advertising takes over
- Ad tech vendors offer new capabilities for customer targeting
- Markets to Metrics: The changing role of the CMO
- How Tesco's loyalty card transformed customer data tracking