The hackers spreading ransomware are getting greedier. In 2016, the average fee to free computers hit with the notorious infection rose to US$1077, up from $294 the year before, according to security firm Symantec.
- USAF to Aussies, Brits, Kiwis, and Canadians: come hack us too... if you can
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- Cyber infrastructure: Too big to fail, and failing
- Security-as-a-service model gains traction