City West Water (CWW), one of three Victorian Government owned retail water businesses serving metropolitan Melbourne, is seeking its first CIO.
Water - News, Features, and Slideshows
Yarra Valley Water CIO Leigh Berrell has departed from the utility for a role at auto parts company Bapcor.
Two utilities are seeking CIOs: Essential Energy in New South Wales and Southern Rural Water in Victoria.
When Geoff Purcell joined Melbourne Water in January last year, he arrived to a fragmented IT team, ageing asset management and business process systems, and endless disparate databases. But there was also a multi-million dollar, cross-business digital strategy that hoped to bring the government owned statutory authority up to date.
Sydney Water has shortlisted Wipro, Cap Gemini and Accenture as it seeks a technology partner to design, build and run new ERP, billing and CRM systems.
A Department of Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts (DEWHA), report recommends that Australia adopt the US EPA Energy Star program
- Totem streetlight poles to combine wireless with power on city streets
- Mingis on Tech: All about the new Moto G5 Plus
- Moto G5 Plus: Economy class that gets you there (with video)
- Banks ill-equipped for proposed APRA data demands
- Williams Martini crunch biometrics for Formula 1's peak pit-stop performance
- Aussie businesses want an open IoT ecosystem
- Broadband connections get timely turnaround treatment
- Accenture launches Liquid Studio in Sydney for innovation push
- Dimension Data wins $4.8M IT deal from the Department of Social Services
- Melbourne cloud migration specialist to acquire WA's Cirralto Business Services
- Consultant urges never pay ransomware demands
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
- To punish Symantec, Google may distrust a third of the web's SSL certificates
- 4 steps to ensuring your company fails successfully
- Jaywing sets sights on Australian growth with digital and data-driven agency model
- How National Geographic is innovating its brand with purpose
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for this week - 23 March
- 5 ways to create great real-time marketing campaigns