University of Western Australia - News, Features, and Slideshows
The $80 million Pawsey Supercomputing Centre in Western Australia has completed the final upgrade of its ‘Magnus’ machine, which provides processing power in excess of a petaflop.
Supercomputer modelling holds the key to keeping potentially deadly age-related illnesses such as Alzheimer’s, diabetes, cancer and heart disease at bay, according to Australian scientists.
- Hackers accessed Goodwill hosting provider for 18 months before card breach
- Cybercriminals target online retail businesses
- Citadel financial malware used in attacking petrochemical companies
- NSA reform bill stalled with Congress headed toward fall recess
- Browser vulnerability caps rough few months for Android security
- Committee backs new hacking powers for ASIO
- Sweeping security law would have computer users surrender privacy
- TIO reveals jump in complaints about mobile data charges
- Mobile Black Spot program to prioritise areas with 'skin in the game'
- Children’s e-Safety Commissioner will have far-reaching online powers