The implications of data breaches can be severe for companies with potential financial losses and loss of customer trust.
Newly developed algorithms may be the solution to reducing the increasing energy consumption and cost of high performance computing (HPC) networks, according to University of Sydney director of HPC Professor Albert Zomaya.
Supercomputer modelling holds the key to keeping potentially deadly age-related illnesses such as Alzheimer’s, diabetes, cancer and heart disease at bay, according to Australian scientists.
An academic specialising in cyber security has urged the opposition to keep the Labor government’s proposed Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) if it wins the next federal election on 14 September.
University research has found that social networks like Twitter have a more powerful role in disseminating public health information than search engines.
Sign up now »
In the current economic and regulatory environment, there is significant pressure on today’s CIO to not only keep the business running within an allocated budget, but to actively transform a ...
The transformation of computing through mobility, consumerisation, bring-your-own device (BYOD) and flex-work offers powerful benefits for today’s organisations ...
"as a teacher - you can't win - in a constantly changing ..."
High school students still see ICT as ‘sitting at a computer all day’: survey
"yep - big brother is watching you - now go out and ..."
Does encryption really shield you from government's prying eyes?
"New manager arrives, fires most of the apparently-underskilled staff rather than training ..."
Solving the skills conundrum – part 1
"How many of the Fortune 500 companies have access to PRISM? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_espionage ..."
Australia suspected to have PRISM data: Ludlam
"I don't fall into their whinging crap . In the last eight ..."
Australia Post’s mail business to lose $200 million this year
- 3D printer creates lithium-ion batteries the size of a grain of sand
- Congress looks to kill NASA's plan to capture an asteroid
- AT&T to offer NEC Terrain push-to-talk Android smartphone starting Friday
- Intel chooses sides in wireless power market
- Good riddance Google Reader: Feedly throws switch on alternate RSS service
- Social media adds spice to financial services, say banks
- Google Analytics advocate touts plans to own the Universal customer view
- Google asks to make surveillance orders public, citing First Amendment
- ADMA criticises government plans for compulsory data breach notification
- Google Glass privacy concerns raised by international data protection authorities