university of new south wales - News, Features, and Slideshows
In this age of cyber security concern, it is amusing that the word “hack” has entered our lexicon. The word has never had a positive connotation and in my view, it’s always a negative. In golf parlance, a “hacker” is not a description that one ever wants to be labeled with.
Energy utilities face losing between $18 billion and $48 billion a year in the U.S and up to €61 billion a year in Europe by 2025 as solar power and energy conservation initiatives grow, according to Accenture.
The Commonwealth Bank is investing $5 million over the next five years to help researchers at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) in their quest to create a silicon-based quantum computer.
The University of New South Wales (UNSW) is using donated computing power to make 20 quadrillion comparisons of 200 million DNA proteins.
Deakin University will use IBM's Watson system to transform the way 50,000 students get advice and answers to questions.
Young women studying information technology degrees at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) discuss the gender gap in their chosen industry and why computing is no longer the domain of geeky males.
- Ghost Linux vulnerability can be exploited through WordPress, other PHP apps
- Selling passwords for $150, and other dumb ways users threaten corporate security
- IT staff bearing brunt of EU General Data Protection Regulation planning
- Industry calls for more proportional limits to metadata retention
- How three small credit card transactions could reveal your identity
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities