Four third-party app stores for Android have apps with a malicious component that seeks root access to the device, according to Trend Micro.
trend micro - News, Features, and Slideshows
trend micro in pictures
Malwarebytes said it may take three to four weeks to fix flaws in its consumer product found by Google security researcher Tavis Ormandy.
There hasn't been a lack of strange things turning up in the Ashley Madison data leak. One of the latest discoveries comes from Trend Micro, which found bogus Ashley Madison profiles that used email addresses the company created solely for collecting spam samples.
A closely watched band of suspected Russian hackers have spied on domestic targets, including two members of the outspoken punk rock band Pussy Riot.
A malicious application or Web page could be used to crash Android devices, in some cases persistently, due to a vulnerability in a multimedia processing component.
They're security myths, oft-repeated and generally accepted notions about IT security that ... simply aren't true. As we did a year ago, we've asked security professionals to share their favorite "security myths" with us. Here are 13 of them.
One can only hope that security software provider Trend Micro saw a nice sales boost after the proclamation of its chairman earlier this week that Android phones are more vulnerable to hacking than iPhones are. If it didn't, those blatantly self-serving statements were made for nothing.
It's become an all-too-common scam: A legitimate Web site pops up a window that looks just like a real security warning. It says there's something wrong with the computer, and click here to fix it. A few clicks later, the victim is paying out US$40 for some bogus software, called rogue antivirus.
- Govt calls on Aussie tech players to speak up over 457 visa abolition
- Impact Systems Technology brings NCS Technologies to A/NZ
- How the Govt plans to power up Australia’s cyber security sector
- Queensland's GCITS wins big at Ingram Micro's global partner awards
- Airservices calls on providers for IT infrastructure overhaul
- Should Aussie retailers be scared Amazon is coming?
- Bricks and clicks: Balancing digital and physical to win the retail game
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for this week - 20 April
- How UNSW's new marketing division is tackling digital strategy
- TEG conducts large-scale data science project to discover customer segments