Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim has begun an investigation after some Telstra customer’s phone numbers, names and home addresses contained in spreadsheets were found online during a Google search.
With less than 12 months to go before the introduction of the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, Australian enterprises are being encouraged to see the changes as a way to build customer trust through good privacy practices.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s Privacy Week has begun in earnest with the unveiling of a Guide to Information Security in Sydney today.
The implications of data breaches can be severe for companies with potential financial losses and loss of customer trust.
With new Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) coming into law in March 2014, Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim says now is the time for organisations to start preparing by conducting a review of privacy policies.
Sign up now »
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
Traditional security controls for enterprise don’t necessarily translate into the new world of virtualisation and cloud environments. When mapping out a secure virtualisation roadmap, click to find out about pave ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia