Timothy Pilgrim - News, Features, and Slideshows
Organisations who haven’t done anything about the Privacy Act need to put best practice measures, such as privacy training, in place before Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim comes knocking, according to IBRS advisor James Turner.
eBay Australia is advising all of its customers to change their password, following confirmation by its United States parent company that cyber criminals accessed a database that contained eBay customer details including encrypted passwords.
Telstra CISO Mike Burgess says the telco has taken steps to tighten up security controls following three data breach investigations launched by Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim since 2010.
Global ID card supplier Multicard’s decision to store the personal information of 9000 Australian Maritime Security Identify Card applicants on a publicly accessible Web server was a breach of the Privacy Act, Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim said today.
The Privacy Amendment (Privacy Alerts) Bill is back on the government agenda after it had a first reading in the Senate this week.
New laws have significantly enhanced the privacy of Australian citizens but many CIOs are still not aware of the implications.
- Adelaide security researcher nurturing students' love of a good hack
- Duo sentenced to 14 years for Apple Phishing scheme
- SQL injection flaw in Wall Street Journal database led to breach
- Zero-day flaws in Tails aren't for sale, vulnerability broker says
- Nigerian scammers move from gullible consumers to businesses
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption
- CMOs and CIOs are getting along better, but increasingly frustrated with execution
- Pinterest peaks, Facebook falters in customer satisfaction survey of social sites