Timothy Pilgrim - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) has issued an apology after it emerged that metadata related to criminal investigations was accidentally released online.
Organisations who haven’t done anything about the Privacy Act need to put best practice measures, such as privacy training, in place before Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim comes knocking, according to IBRS advisor James Turner.
eBay Australia is advising all of its customers to change their password, following confirmation by its United States parent company that cyber criminals accessed a database that contained eBay customer details including encrypted passwords.
Telstra CISO Mike Burgess says the telco has taken steps to tighten up security controls following three data breach investigations launched by Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim since 2010.
Global ID card supplier Multicard’s decision to store the personal information of 9000 Australian Maritime Security Identify Card applicants on a publicly accessible Web server was a breach of the Privacy Act, Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim said today.
New laws have significantly enhanced the privacy of Australian citizens but many CIOs are still not aware of the implications.
- New organization sets out to make secure communication tools more user-friendly
- Ping Identity picks up $35 million more in venture funding
- Apple's iOS 8 fixes enterprise Wi-Fi authentication hijacking issue
- Why CSO pay is too low in San Francisco, New York
- As Scotland votes, data sovereignty concerns mount
- Blue Jeans Network launches Command Centre
- Brennan IT takes top honours at Microsoft and HP partner awards
- Hackers hold almost 20,000 Australians to ransom using CryptoWall
- NSW Government telco procurement system saves taxpayer more than $3 million
- Microsoft to deploy new SharePoint solution for Local Government Association of Queensland