Timothy Pilgrim - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) has issued an apology after it emerged that metadata related to criminal investigations was accidentally released online.
Organisations who haven’t done anything about the Privacy Act need to put best practice measures, such as privacy training, in place before Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim comes knocking, according to IBRS advisor James Turner.
eBay Australia is advising all of its customers to change their password, following confirmation by its United States parent company that cyber criminals accessed a database that contained eBay customer details including encrypted passwords.
Telstra CISO Mike Burgess says the telco has taken steps to tighten up security controls following three data breach investigations launched by Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim since 2010.
Global ID card supplier Multicard’s decision to store the personal information of 9000 Australian Maritime Security Identify Card applicants on a publicly accessible Web server was a breach of the Privacy Act, Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim said today.
New laws have significantly enhanced the privacy of Australian citizens but many CIOs are still not aware of the implications.
- FBI, Secret Service studying 'scope' of reported bank cyberattacks
- Betfair deploys new anti-fraud system from Sphonic
- Retailers urged to defend against 'Backoff' point-of-sale malware
- Retailers warned to act now to protect against Backoff malware
- Vulnerabilities on the decline, but risk assessment is often flawed, study says says
- How PaaS is helping Voltswagon to deliver customer leads on mobile
- Baskin-Robbins appoints new marketing chief and plans customer loyalty overhaul
- Qantas Loyalty won't be sold off, confirms Joyce
- Salesforce renames and revamps Communities service
- How video content is powering 12WBT's member and social media marketing strategy