Timothy Pilgrim - News, Features, and Slideshows
Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim has launched a regulatory action policy to shed more light on how his office operates.
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) breached the Privacy Act when it failed to “adequately protect” the personal information of approximately 9,250 asylum seekers, said Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim today.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) and Privacy Commissioner, Timothy Pilgrim, have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to work closer together on telecommunications, spam and telemarketing issues.
Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim is urging government agencies and businesses to protect their IT systems against the Bourne Again Shell (Bash) vulnerability.
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) has issued an apology after it emerged that metadata related to criminal investigations was accidentally released online.
New laws have significantly enhanced the privacy of Australian citizens but many CIOs are still not aware of the implications.
- Microsoft turns to robotic security guards to watch for trouble
- DDoS attacks swamping media and entertainment firms, Verisign reports
- Police arrest 16 people for alleged Remote Access Trojan hacking
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Critical XSS flaws patched in WordPress and popular plug-in