telsyte - News, Features, and Slideshows
Android has the edge over Apple in tablet sales for the first time in Australia, according to a Telsyte report on the six-month period ending 30 June.
More than 50 per cent of 315 CIOs and IT executives surveyed by analyst firm Telsyte are now using public cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), according to a new report.
Data security will be a big focus for organisations in 2014 as the Australian Privacy Principles and enhanced powers of the Privacy Commissioner take effect on March 12. Revelations this year of spying by the US government's National Security Agency (NSA) have also heightened awareness of security and privacy issues.
Tablet computers based on the Android operating system will outsell Apple iPads in Australia by 2015, research firm Telsyte has predicted.
Mobile data and messaging revenue surpassed voice call revenue in the six months to December 2012, according to research from analyst firm Telsyte – the first time that data and messaging have overtaken revenue from voice in the Australian mobile services market.
Whitepapers about telsyte
Organisations have the option to manage IT internally or outsource to a third-party provider. This paper discusses new research by Telsyte into how Australian organisations are using ICT outsourcing to support innovation. • In October 2013 Telsyte surveyed more than 450 Australian CIOs, CEOs and IT decision makers on their outsourcing strategies for 2014 • Outsourcing is a key feature of businesses that have a focus on innovation • Organisations that engage in outsourcing arrangements are more likely to spend greater than 25% of their IT budget on innovative projects
- Home Depot breach could potentially be as big as Target's
- Home Depot investigates possible payment data breach
- "Outraged" Apple issues update on celebrity cellphone nude photo breach
- Apple says iCloud flaw not at root of celebrity photo hack
- Apple blames leaked nude celebrity photos on 'targeted attack'
- Google Enterprise becomes Google for Work
- MSPs are in an increasingly fragmented environment: GFI Max
- Dicker Data net profit down 43 per cent in full year results
- Don’t forget devices in unified communications sales: Jabra
- Australian bitcoin company launches first online exchange in United Arab Emirates