Telstra - News, Features, and Slideshows
Telstra in pictures
2014 was an eventful year for CIOs, with many starting new initiatives in mobility, wearables, machine learning and tapping into open data. Many CIOs also decided to change jobs and move to greener pastures.
Telstra has touted data sovereignty as a major benefit of an announced cloud environment custom-built for government.
Some of the most powerful companies in video networks and delivery plan to define an open architecture for streaming video as part of a new alliance that includes Cisco Systems, Comcast, Ustream and Yahoo, but not Netflix or YouTube.
The government's new data retention bill has drawn mixed responses from industry with iiNet and Electronic Frontiers Australia opposing the legislation while Telstra is voicing its support.
The future telecom industry will compete on who can provide the best converged experience, according to Telstra CTO Vish Nandlall.
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
More subscribers, networks with better coverage and devices that can be used in more countries are converging to make LTE roaming a more viable proposition, with some operators already offering such services on a limited scale and more on the way.
The Telstra Frontier 4G is the first prepaid 4G smartphone in Australia.
We unbox and take a first look at the Motorola RAZR M.
Motorola's Xoom tablet runs version 3.0 of Google's Android operating system — dubbed Honeycomb. Honeycomb is the first version of Android to be designed for use with tablets; previous versions were optimised for the smaller screens of smartphones.
- This Dropcam alternative promises not to eat your bandwidth
- FTC calls on IoT vendors to protect privacy
- PCI DSS 3.0 went into effect Jan. 1. Are you in compliance?
- DNS hijacking vulnerability affects D-Link DSL router, possibly other devices
- Privacy tsar to EC: Wrap up EU-US data exchange talks quickly or else
- Microsoft's Surface line-up posts 2nd straight profitable quarter
- Enterprises: Get ready to pay to go slow on Windows 10
- Dropbox buys Pixelapse to add version control for visual designers
- Drone flights near White House test local restrictions
- Data retention: Journalists decry 'Stasi‐like surveillance state'