Nearly half of Australian tech bosses are looking to add staff to their IT teams over the next six months, as their businesses expand and new projects are rolled out, according to a new survey.
technology careers - News, Features, and Slideshows
If we are to encourage more people to study technology, then breaking down time and money barriers to get accredited, formal education is key to making this happen, according to Peter Argent, academic director of Coder Factory Academy.
Encouraging girls to study IT towards the end of high school could be too late, according to research by Digital Careers, which looked at the participation of girls in this year’s Bebras Australia Computational Thinking Challenge.
- CW@50: Data storage goes from $1M to 2 cents per gigabyte (+video)
- NSW govt poaches AUSTRAC CIO for top security role
- Piracy crackdown: Website blocking to get a lot quicker, cheaper
- iPhone, Mac owners: How to stymie hackers extorting Apple, threatening to wipe devices
- Wal-Mart launches emerging tech incubator