Tech trends - News, Features, and Slideshows
Tech trends in pictures
Breakouts and busts: Here's the lowdown on this year's sizzlers and fizzlers in tech
Which technologies and products will be put out to pasture in 2013? Some are no-brainers, some others might say are poised for a comeback and a couple might surprise you.
What's in store for 2013? IT professionals need to be prepared for a mix of old (biometrics), new (3-D printing), borrowed (apps for watching TV) and blue (unemployed skeuomorphic designers).
Analysts predict that cloud computing will play a larger role in mobility and consumerization of IT, Windows Phone and Android tablet sales will grow and there will more hot-desking in large organisations in 2013.
Technology trends can come and go with little more than a (Google) Wave, but seven trends of 2012 are here to stay. Some came out of nowhere, while others emerged after years of development.
- Mobile apps could be abused to make expensive phone calls
- Amazon tricks up CloudFront encryption with anti-spy feature
- The 10 most terrifying security nightmares revealed at the Black Hat and Def Con hacker conferences
- NIST taking input for mobile security guidelines
- City of London Police brings in Kaspersky to train officers to tackle cybercrime