This week CIO is exploring the top tech trends expected to disrupt data centres in the future, as well as IT departments, business units and the c-suite, including shifting skillsets and business strategy.
Tech trends - News, Features, and Slideshows
Tech trends in pictures
At Gartner’s Infrastructure, Operations & Data Centre Summit in Sydney, research analyst, David Cappuccio, detailed new trends that are likely to impact IT operations and data centres of the future.
Breakouts and busts: Here's the lowdown on this year's sizzlers and fizzlers in tech
Which technologies and products will be put out to pasture in 2013? Some are no-brainers, some others might say are poised for a comeback and a couple might surprise you.
What's in store for 2013? IT professionals need to be prepared for a mix of old (biometrics), new (3-D printing), borrowed (apps for watching TV) and blue (unemployed skeuomorphic designers).
Technology trends can come and go with little more than a (Google) Wave, but seven trends of 2012 are here to stay. Some came out of nowhere, while others emerged after years of development.
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Perpetual promotes GM of marketing to executive leadership ranks
- How Next Gen Clubs created a customer-based digital marketing strategy
- Apple may be too late to make a big social impact
- Facebook will use Whatsapp users' personal data to target ads
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 25 August