suse - News, Features, and Slideshows
The cloud-dominated world of modern IT is the perfect breeding ground for the spread of Linux in particular and open-source software in general, according to the man responsible for guiding one of the most important open-source projects.
An argument between developers of some of the most basic parts of Linux turned heated this week, resulting in a prominent Red Hat employee and code contributor being banned from working on the Linux kernel.
Huawei's enterprise unit has launched the FusionCube for high-end HANA systems and will also work with SAP on products for areas such as enterprise mobility.
Suse Linux Enterprise (SLE) version 11 and up will come with 10 years of general support instead of the seven years offered up to now, in a move that matches services from competitors.
The top executives leading Cisco's OpenStack efforts today said customers can run the open source cloud computing platform with its Unified Computing System (UCS) and Nexus hardware devices, and that the company will provide advanced support to help customers deploy OpenStack clouds.
In the insurance business, everyone's headed into the hinterland. But the cost of every new branch can bite deeply. Here's how going Open Source helped ING Life save US$1.7 million and funded its expansion plans.
- Mobile malware making Australians trust mobile devices less over time
- Google project aims to preserve privacy when collecting software stats
- Privileged-account risk multiplies for Australia's cloud-hungry businesses: CyberArk
- Petition targets Apple over ‘spyware' in OS X Yosemite
- Vulnerabilities found in more command-line tools, wget and tnftp get patches
- HP's move into 3D printing will radically change manufacturing
- The Google shakeup continues: Andy Rubin is out
- ACMA, Privacy Commissioner to collaborate on spam, telemarketing issues
- Activewear startup turns to unified cloud platform to support e-commerce growth
- Data retention is necessary red tape: Turnbull