senate - News, Features, and Slideshows
ASIO is not carrying out mass surveillance of average citizens and the agency is subject to an appropriate level of oversight, according to the organisation's head David Taylor Irvine, director-general of security.
NBN Co CEO Bill Morrow has offered a rosy take on the state of the National Broadband Network.
Telstra’s director of government relations James Shaw has defended the condition of the telco’s copper network, saying it’s difficult to accept claims that it is “falling apart.”
NBN Co is not in a position to guarantee minimum broadband speeds that Australians will experience on the National Broadband Network, NBN Co Chairman Ziggy Switkowksi has told a parliamentary hearing today.
Amid broad agreement that more skilled workers would boost the tech economy, industry experts suggest that comprehensive immigration bill coming up for debate doesn't go far enough to help fill IT, engineering and manufacturing jobs.
Members of Judiciary Committee express concern over broad-ranging, secretive authorities under Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, push for bill to strengthen oversight, transparency.
- Some are twisting the facts in requests to be forgotten, Google says
- Most USB thumb drives can be reprogrammed to silently infect computers
- Attackers exploit remote access tools to compromise retail systems
- US judge rules against Microsoft in email privacy case
- Twitter reports a rise in government data requests
- McKinsey details 5 ways CMOs can spearhead business leadership
- Digital delivery lies at the heart of customer centricity, says AMP director
- In a hyper-social world, some seek a little privacy
- Chatswood Chase reveals customer insights from iBeacon trial
- Optus, Medibank sharpen marketing efforts with predictive analytics