senate - News, Features, and Slideshows
ASIO is not carrying out mass surveillance of average citizens and the agency is subject to an appropriate level of oversight, according to the organisation's head David Taylor Irvine, director-general of security.
NBN Co CEO Bill Morrow has offered a rosy take on the state of the National Broadband Network.
Telstra’s director of government relations James Shaw has defended the condition of the telco’s copper network, saying it’s difficult to accept claims that it is “falling apart.”
NBN Co is not in a position to guarantee minimum broadband speeds that Australians will experience on the National Broadband Network, NBN Co Chairman Ziggy Switkowksi has told a parliamentary hearing today.
Amid broad agreement that more skilled workers would boost the tech economy, industry experts suggest that comprehensive immigration bill coming up for debate doesn't go far enough to help fill IT, engineering and manufacturing jobs.
Members of Judiciary Committee express concern over broad-ranging, secretive authorities under Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, push for bill to strengthen oversight, transparency.
- Dutch spy agencies can receive NSA data, court rules
- Apple tech note illuminates purported 'backdoor' services
- BlackBerry offers BES10 as a hosted service through partners
- File-encrypting Android ransomware 'Simplocker' targets English-speaking users
- Adelaide security researcher nurturing students' love of a good hack
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption
- CMOs and CIOs are getting along better, but increasingly frustrated with execution
- Pinterest peaks, Facebook falters in customer satisfaction survey of social sites