project managers - News, Features, and Slideshows
- 7 must-have project management skills for IT pros
- 7 ways project managers can anticipate, avoid and mitigate problems
What separates the good, or the great, project managers (PM) from the just so-so? The answer: How they handle problems when they arise and they prevent them from derailing deadlines and the budget.
Project management experts discuss the best ways to set, manage and adjust expectations to ensure that projects don't veer off course - and they suggest what steps project managers should take if they do.
A recent study reports that 50 percent of companies had an IT project fail in the last 12 months. Business leaders who blame IT are missing the real project management issues.
How do you keep IT projects under control? Project managers and other experts share their top tips for keeping IT projects on schedule.
A good--or bad--project manager can make the difference between a project coming in on time and on budget and it being a failure. How can you spot a good project manager? CIO.com talked to experts and IT executives to find out.
- The week in security: DDoS rising in Australia, US warns on IoT security
- Make sure ex-employees don’t walk out the door with your data
- Verizon to allow opt-out from mobile 'supercookies'
- Smart Lock for Chromebooks: Pair a phone and you can skip the password
- BMW cars found vulnerable in Connected Drive hack
- Marriott CIO: FCC message on WiFi blocking loud and clear
- Microsoft to business: Don't worry about Windows 10, consumers will test it
- Google Now adds data from Lyft, Airbnb and many more apps
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors