The failed Commonwealth child support system. Victoria’s corrupted ‘Ultranet’ schools online program. New Zealand Education’s Novopay fiasco. The UK National Health Service’s £117 million IT project disaster. Queensland Health’s payroll scandal. When will this insanity end?
project management - News, Features, and Slideshows
Do you continue using project management as a means of delivering transformation or do you disband what you have and place your faith in something else?
Half of Australian businesses plan to increase salaries for their existing IT employees by an average of 6.7 per cent this year, with select specialist roles to benefit most due to growing demand. Find out which five IT roles win 'most improved pay cheque' in 2016.
When it comes to project management, there doesn't seem to be enough honesty around, says Colin Ellis.
A failed rollout of an infringement management and enforcement system at Victoria’s Department of Justice & Regulation – costing taxpayers $60 million – is one of six technology projects across the state to come under scrutiny in a report released today.
Project Management Methodologies are a series of different processes designed to assist project managers and those overseeing or involved with projects
CIO David L. Stevens say project managers are critical to his organization's success, so much so that he shook up the org chart soon after he started in his post.
Pick any major event, trip or undertaking in your life and think about the time, energy and work put into making sure everything went off without a hitch. Then think about the stress and aggravation you experienced those times when things didn't go as planned.
There can be many benefits to outsourcing your company's project management functions, with equally as many pitfalls. There aren't any one-size-fits-all solutions based on your industry, type or size of business. Just as you would with different project management methodologies, consider the risks and rewards carefully and take the time to thoroughly evaluate why outsourcing project management may or may not be a good move for your organization.
Culture change is hard, that’s why few organisations take it on. There’s a reliance on new people coming in to an organisation to drive change in a way that hasn’t been seen before and yet all too often those people will come up against brick walls.
Project management experts and executive IT recruiters provide tips to project managers on what they can do to give their careers a boost.
Whitepapers about project management
Projects, programs, and portfolios exist simultaneously. They keep the business in motion. What happens if a project goes awry or fails? Time and money is at risk. You no longer have to choose between doing the right projects and doing them right. Today’s technology makes it possible to do both. Forward thinking companies are aligning strategy with execution while leveraging technology to best poise their teams to keep transformation efforts on track, stay ahead of the competition, and minimize risk.
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- NBN offers access to complete rollout database, details connection tech
- LG launches G6 with 5.7-in. display in narrow body
- Back to the future: BlackBerry KEYone launches with physical keyboard
- Note to self: Stop taking notes!
- Microsoft's support rules for Windows 10 LTSB void allure to enterprise customers
- Google shuts Spaces, the content-sharing app you probably never heard of
- nbn takes the Sunshine Coast Regional Council to court
- Turnbull Government launches Joint Cyber Security Centre
- HPE’s global first quarter net revenue dips $US1.3B year on year
- Netcomm Wireless fills vacant CEO spot to steer company growth
- IAB aims for simplicity in digital advertising with new councils and approach
- Freeview appoints new head of marketing
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for the week - 23 February 2017
- Qantas reports solid financials; highlights customer data and digital as competitive advantage
- How Nude by Nature is using data to prove digital's worth