professional development - News, Features, and Slideshows
Your networking and resume work has paid off. You finally landed an interview for your dream job as an IT executive and you couldn't be more excited. The only thing that stands between you and the executive washroom is the interview itself.
Companies that offer training and professional development are in a better position to recruit tech talent than those that don't, yet training resources remain scarce at many organisations.
The skills that helped you become an IT pro and climb the ladder aren't the same skills you need to succeed in the c-suite.
Creating or updating your resume can feel like a daunting task, but it doesn't have to be. That said, IT is a competitive job market, and companies and recruiters can get hundreds of responses from job postings. The amount of time you have to capture their attention is fleeting. Your resume is, in many cases, your only contact with hiring managers and potential employers. What you showcase can mean the difference between getting the interview and being summarily passed over.
Even some of the most talented IT professionals have found themselves the victim of a downsizing or reorganization. You can never feel too safe regardless of how stable the environment seems. If you find yourself in your worst-case scenario, these tips will help you work your way out of it.
Competition in the tech jobs industry is fierce, so how do you differentiate yourself from the pack? Whether you're a job seeker or just looking to grow professionally, creating an impressive and meaningful brand is the best place to start.
ITIL is growing in demand and some employers are paying a premium for certification and experience in the best practices methodology, but the first question is what exactly is ITIL and is it right for you or your company?
Being an introvert isn't the end of the world or your career. However, to be successful in the IT field today, you've got to overcome shyness and learn that it's OK to ask for (and offer) help.
- New Vocus/Amcom entity will have initial personnel restructure
- Schneider Electric wins 2014 Platts Global Energy Award
- New undersea cable to link Australia and New Zealand
- Communications service providers will face heavy capex in coming years: Ovum
- Sony Pictures cancels Christmas day release of 'The Interview' following hacks
- Infographic: Top digital trends in 2015
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation
- Melbourne Stars look to fan engagement with mobile marketing offer
- Forget 2015: Bing already knows which people, products and trends will win next year
- Predictive analytics for the masses gets closer with vendor investments