A new kind of Android malware can steal online banking credentials and hold a device's files hostage for ransom, delivering a particularly nasty one-two punch.
Palo Alto - News, Features, and Slideshows
The security technology called "sandboxing" aims at detecting malware code by subjecting it to run in a computer-based system of one type of another to analyze it for behavior and traits indicative of malware. Sandboxing -- one alternative to traditional signature-based malware defense -- is seen as a way to spot zero-day malware and stealthy attacks in particular. While this technique often effective, it's hardly foolproof, warns a security researcher who helped establish the sandboxing technology used by startup Lastline.
The federal government’s $1.46 billion funding in improvements to cyber security networks and establishment of an Australian Cyber Security Centre has received a largely positive response from information security professionals who say it is a good step forward.
<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/supp/2011/enterprise6/120511-cloud-computing-juniper-253313.html">Juniper Networks</a> says that <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/112911-security-theinfopro-253538.html">Palo Alto Networks</a> is infringing on its next-generation firewall technology, which was invented by Palo Alto's founders but for which Juniper holds the patents.
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- Megaport takes a “marked leap forward” in first half FY17 results
- Content developers well placed as virtual reality pushes toward mainstream
- Hills revenue takes a hit despite asset sell-offs
- The Gruden Group wins $1.8m AusTender contract
- 100 new jobs on offer as Cognizant opens digital hub in Melbourne
- ARM buys Mistbase and NextG-Com to extend its reach in IoT
- Verizon knocks off $350M from Yahoo deal after breaches
- Intel's mobile future is in blazing modems as it buries Atom failure
- Kubernetes is now generally available on Azure Container Service
- Intel takes on IoT complexity with carrier-approved boards
- Adobe, Salesforce, Oracle dominate Gartner's list of digital marketing technology leaders
- Data and marketing innovation guides Cronulla Sharks into uncharted waters
- How Cosabella is using martech to win the retail battle
- Report: It’s the era of experience but don’t forget the basics
- Dendy, Legg Mason appoint new marketing leaders