In the face of an explosion in demand for responsiveness at-scale, high-availability and security, IBM's Wesley McDonald discusses how modern IT professionals are feeling pressures to build solutions based on open source technology.
- Schneier: terrorists will switch to more secure alternatives to avoid encryption backdoors
- Study finds that anti-crypto laws won't work on an international stage
- Indegy finds out when industrial controls go bad (think Stuxnet)
- Patch your Cisco firewall now unless your company has no secrets
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores