LAS VEGAS – Telesign, a mobile identity solutions provider, continued to educate the public about its free "Turn It On" Campaign – a step-by-step instructional guide to two-factor authentication (2FA) on some of the most visited websites – at this year's Black Hat security conference. Co-founder Ryan Disraeli says that based on Telesign's "Consumer Account Security Report," it's clear consumers want more security but don't know much – if anything – about 2FA.
- The week in security: Hackers plunder online databases as Trump nominee flags security boost
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
- Spanish police nab suspected hacker behind Neverquest banking malware
- Trump nominee suggests IRS cybersecurity and staffing boosts