NFC - News, Features, and Slideshows
The head of business development at Transport for London (TfL), whose Oyster card system is one of the most successful contactless ticketing programmes in the world, claims he is “not convinced” about mobile payments using NFC.
Vend CEO Vaughan Rowsell said his company will remain “payments agnostic” even while partner PayPal has condemned near field communications (NFC).
The rise of near-field communications (NFC) has been part of the discussion in the mobile industry for years. Unfortunately, the technology hasn't generated much more than discussion to this point.
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) has revealed that its iPhone Kaching application, which was announced on 25 October 2011, is still not available from Apple’s App Store due to testing delays.
Business customers will be able to access funds from their Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) merchant terminals the same day following the rollout of a new service called Everyday Settlement.
Technology trends can come and go with little more than a (Google) Wave, but seven trends of 2012 are here to stay. Some came out of nowhere, while others emerged after years of development.
- Mobile apps could be abused to make expensive phone calls
- Amazon tricks up CloudFront encryption with anti-spy feature
- The 10 most terrifying security nightmares revealed at the Black Hat and Def Con hacker conferences
- NIST taking input for mobile security guidelines
- City of London Police brings in Kaspersky to train officers to tackle cybercrime