The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Stanford University have partnered to save for posterity over 15,000 software programs created in the early days of microcomputing.
Any business that anticipates using cloud-based services should be asking the question: What can my cloud provider do for me in terms of providing digital forensics data in the event of any legal dispute, civil or criminal case, cyberattack or data breach?
In a look at the number of vulnerabilities recorded over 25 years in software products and open source, a researcher at Sourcefire has determined that Microsoft Windows XP and the Mozilla Firefox browser stand out as the two with the largest number of high-severity vulnerabilities.
Symantec today began offering multi-algorithm SSL certificates for Web servers that go beyond traditional crypto to include what's known as the Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA), which the firm says will be 10,000 times harder to break than an RSA-bit key. Certificates are used to prove site identity to the visitor through a validation check that involves the user's browser and the site certificate, and Symantec is making the argument that authentication will happen faster using this particular ECC algorithm.
Applications for domestic drone licenses are increasing steadily, even as privacy concerns related to their use over the U.S. continue to mount. Some states are even moving to ban them all together.
Sign up now »
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
Are your requirements the need for faster release cycles, you have reduced budgets required to run and manage a complex test environment, and you want to decrease your third party ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Users, cats more likely hack culprits than cyber-espionage: Trustwave
- AusCERT 2013: Home-electronics gear’s UPnP as insecure in Australia as rest of world: Metasploit
- AusCERT 2013: Big data skills help beat the bad guys, says HP
- Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 Day One