National Broadband Network (NBN) - News, Features, and Slideshows
National Broadband Network (NBN) in pictures
The first report out of the NBN Panel of Experts, appointed by the government to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of the National Broadband Network, has rejected calls by telcos to further strengthen the rules that restrict NBN Co to wholesale-only operations.
The NBN Co’s 60-day strategic review of the NBN has generated a range of responses, with Shadow Minister for Communications Jason Clare saying that the Coalition government has broken its election promise to deliver 25 Mbps speeds by 2016.
In an effort to cut costs and run more efficiently, the Australian National University is conducting a massive rationalisation of its IT systems.
The NBN Co board is set to expand with iiNet director Simon Hackett, Utility Services Group (USG) CEO Patrick Flannigan, and NetComm Wireless chairman Justin Milne appointed as non-executive directors by Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull.
Huawei Australia chairman John Lord has expressed disappointment at the Coalition government’s decision to uphold a ban which prevents the company from participating in the National Broadband Network (NBN).
One of the chief benefits of getting in on the ground of a fast-moving startup company is a speedy ascension up the promotion curve as the company grows.
- Scientists create one robot brain to rule them all
- Did Microsoft help seed the market for Windows Store scam apps?
- Chrome for Mac to desert early Intel Mac owners by October
- Mozilla presses forward with new revenue plan, debuts ads in Firefox preview
- Drivers want their cars to get to know them better
- Telstra strikes Cloud deal with Telkom Indonesia
- Brocade deploys router for new high-speed research network platform
- EXCLUSIVE: Tonnex International falls into liquidation after lengthy court battle
- SAP backs innovation centre launch with $60m investment in Victoria (+15 photos)
- Inabox Group revenue reaches $46.9m but profit slips again