mobile banking - News, Features, and Slideshows
This is the first agreement of its type in New Zealand, says Westpac.
Westpac New Zealand has completed a trial which could allow customers to use finger print scanning to log into its mobile banking app on the Samsung Galaxy S5 and eventually other smartphones.
Customers of Rabobank Australia and New Zealand are being offered two factor secure authentication services when they transact online following the signing of a deal with US-based security vendor ThreatMetrix.
Shifting ANZ Banking Group from an Australian and New Zealand centric bank to a super-regional Asia Pacific financial services entity while implementing new technology is Anne Weatherston’s top priority for the next five years.
While CBA CIO Michael Harte has dismissed data sovereignty and security excuses used by businesses not to move to the cloud as “absolute garbage”, over at ANZ, CIO Anne Weatherston has taken a different approach to cloud adoption.
Despite its widespread use, SMS technology has lost its luster as a safe means of verifying the identity of an individual during a banking transaction.
ANZ Bank has continued its mobile banking push with the release of the Transactive iOS app for corporate customers, allowing them to remotely monitor real-time account balances, view current transactions and approve or reject payments.
Commonwealth Bank subsidiary Bankwest has responded to customer demand for mobile banking by launching a free Android application. This follows the bank’s release of an iPhone app in March this year which has been downloaded 85,000 times from the iTunes app store.
The CommonWealth Bank of Australia (CBA) has updated is suite of mobile banking applications with native apps for the iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone and the browser-based HTML5, with technology for near field communications (NFC) and social payments on the way.
Westpac has stepped up its mobile banking capabilities, enabling customers with Blackberry and Android-based smartphones to access its banking services.
St.George Bank has made a move for some Windows Phone 7 action with a new banking application encompassing Australian app, Mobile Banking Lite, which enables customers to check their account balance and transaction history.
The Commonwealth Bank has released its NetBank mobile banking app for Android smartphones to customers.
St George bank has released what it claims is the first mobile banking application for Android smartphones in Australia.
The mobile phone is turning into the platform of choice for banking in emerging markets. In developed markets, however, the phone has struggled to compete with existing payment methods, and the challenges aren't going away in 2010.
- Is "Bring Your Own Identity" a security risk or advantage?
- Insecure Connections: Enterprises hacked after neglecting third-party risks
- Attackers install DDoS bots on Amazon cloud, exploiting Elasticsearch weakness
- CIOs, CSOs should address cloud sovereignty uncertainty with facts: Gartner
- The week in security: Hackers swarm banks, break for World Cup
- Qualcomm planting seeds for 4K video, silicon brains in mobile devices
- Mobile devices to get faster LP-DDR4 memory next year
- Mozilla knocks off 'interim' label, names Chris Beard CEO
- Google's next frontier: What it means to be healthy
- Stanford researchers show off blueprint for self-healing lithium battery
- JC Penney: Finding the right customer engagement strategy
- Brands demonstrate a hotchpotch of IT/marketing relationships
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing