In their new role as brokers and consultants, CIOs will be in an even more powerful positions. According to a new survey, about two-thirds of C-level executives and business unit leaders expect the IT department to have more influence on technology decisions in the future.
Management Topics | Careers - News, Features, and Slideshows
Companies are going beyond compensation to lure and retain top IT talent. Among the most popular perks: tuition reimbursement, the chance to work with the latest technology and, of course, free lunch.
Gen Y wants -- and is getting -- the most sexy jobs in the Silicon Valley. However, CIO.com Senior Writer Tom Kaneshige lets millennials in on the dirty little secret of the valley.
Mobile technologies are increasingly important to organizations of all sizes, but how can you best prepare your workforce? Find out which of these 14 vendor-specific and vendor-neutral mobile IT certifications -- from app development to security -- are the most valuable to your employees.
Despite chatter about CIOs losing clout or eventually reporting to the CMO, a survey of 1,600 CIOs reveals that the IT executives are well-positioned for the future -- if they are willing to step outside of IT.
We spoke with industry experts to get the advice that will help you craft better answers to what are some of the most common, and difficult, interview questions.
Don't leave your network in the dark when you leave a job. Here are the dos and don'ts for announcing a career change on LinkedIn and other social networking sites.
Technology and HR pros, as well as IT recruiters, share their advice on how recent graduates and those still in college can best position themselves for a technology career.
Everyone is obsessed with millennials -- hiring them, managing them, understanding them. But what to do millennials think about how they are perceived? Staff writer Lauren Brousell (a member of Gen Y herself) recently moderated a panel packed with millennials at CIO Perspectives and sets the record straight.
Recruiting the best technology professionals starts with the job description. Here's how to make sure yours is hitting all the right areas.
As spring comes to a close, it's an ideal time to clear the clutter from your resume. It's key to make sure you present only relevant, current information in the most attractive way possible. Here, three experts weigh in on what to toss out and what to keep.
The Brookings Institution lays out vision for urban 'innovation centers' to bring together research institutions, businesses and startup incubators to create concentrated pockets of industry rather than the sprawling, suburban office campuses of Silicon Valley.
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Chinese users blast Microsoft's assertive Windows 10 upgrade op
- Windows 10 books big growth spurt
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
- Wayfair takes augmented reality, Project Tango to the enterprise
- Telstra’s broadband outage: How a minor software change became a big problem
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 27 May
- How this marketer got a traditional manufacturing business to embrace digital
- David Jones marketing chief departs; digital executive role created
- Mercer CMO: How B2B brands can achieve customer love
- Pure Storage CMO's tips to make your marketing resonate