In their new role as brokers and consultants, CIOs will be in an even more powerful positions. According to a new survey, about two-thirds of C-level executives and business unit leaders expect the IT department to have more influence on technology decisions in the future.
Management Topics | Careers - News, Features, and Slideshows
Companies are going beyond compensation to lure and retain top IT talent. Among the most popular perks: tuition reimbursement, the chance to work with the latest technology and, of course, free lunch.
Gen Y wants -- and is getting -- the most sexy jobs in the Silicon Valley. However, CIO.com Senior Writer Tom Kaneshige lets millennials in on the dirty little secret of the valley.
Mobile technologies are increasingly important to organizations of all sizes, but how can you best prepare your workforce? Find out which of these 14 vendor-specific and vendor-neutral mobile IT certifications -- from app development to security -- are the most valuable to your employees.
Despite chatter about CIOs losing clout or eventually reporting to the CMO, a survey of 1,600 CIOs reveals that the IT executives are well-positioned for the future -- if they are willing to step outside of IT.
We spoke with industry experts to get the advice that will help you craft better answers to what are some of the most common, and difficult, interview questions.
Don't leave your network in the dark when you leave a job. Here are the dos and don'ts for announcing a career change on LinkedIn and other social networking sites.
Technology and HR pros, as well as IT recruiters, share their advice on how recent graduates and those still in college can best position themselves for a technology career.
Everyone is obsessed with millennials -- hiring them, managing them, understanding them. But what to do millennials think about how they are perceived? Staff writer Lauren Brousell (a member of Gen Y herself) recently moderated a panel packed with millennials at CIO Perspectives and sets the record straight.
Recruiting the best technology professionals starts with the job description. Here's how to make sure yours is hitting all the right areas.
As spring comes to a close, it's an ideal time to clear the clutter from your resume. It's key to make sure you present only relevant, current information in the most attractive way possible. Here, three experts weigh in on what to toss out and what to keep.
The Brookings Institution lays out vision for urban 'innovation centers' to bring together research institutions, businesses and startup incubators to create concentrated pockets of industry rather than the sprawling, suburban office campuses of Silicon Valley.
- Check out the Log Rhythm's NEW Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo – The World’s Most Important Gathering of CIOs and Senior IT Executives 26-29 October 2015 on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- Toyota funds AI research to build autonomous cars
- Uber links to sensitive ride data now expire after 48 hours
- Connected homes, smartwatches and gaming PCs dominate IFA in Berlin
- Dropbox's head of enterprise says collaboration will set it apart
- Microsoft kills off some of Nokia's apps for Windows Phone
- AOL acquires Millennial Media to bolster in-app and mobile smarts
- The 7 common mistakes marketing leaders are still making
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC