legacy applications - News, Features, and Slideshows
CIO Australia spoke to five IT leaders about the key technology and business strategies that will help drive growth across their organisations this year.
The cloud promises unlimited capacity, pennies per hour to operate, 4+ nines of uptime and infrastructure managed by a dedicated staff. Even technical challenges around security and compliance can be achieved and are no longer suspect. So why wouldn't you send everything to the cloud?
Striking a balance between the needs of IT managers and software developers will lead to greater innovation in the IT space, a CTO has claimed.
Queensland Motorways has moved from an e-toll system to a free-flow project two years prior to its planned delivery date, in a project described as a ‘redefinition’ of the organisation.
Queensland Police has been awarded the BMC Innovation award at this year’s IT Service Management (ITSM) industry awards for its implementation of a service design process.
If your role involves managing IT within an organisation, starting a new job often means inheriting a hodgepodge of other people’s decisions strung together across generations of technology. The alternative is to join a start-up, but rarely does a start-up match the resources and budget that are afforded to IT in large existing organisations. So what if you could start from scratch without disrupting the business that you service?
A host of substantial problems with porting legacy apps to the cloud will keep most companies from diving in for now, say analysts reporting on weaknesses in the cloud and ISVs trying to fill in the gaps.
- NATO security certification opens new markets for Australia's Senetas
- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Disaster as CryptoWall encrypts US firm's entire server installation
- 5 great examples of augmented reality in marketing
- Catch of the Day retailer hooks fresh customer insight with NPS
- Tourism Australia's Nick Baker wins AMI Marketer of the Year
- Content marketing can't be measured on the last-click: Outbrain CEO
- Latest crowdsourced guide rates top A/B testing vendors for marketers