CIO Australia spoke to five IT leaders about the key technology and business strategies that will help drive growth across their organisations this year.
legacy applications - News, Features, and Slideshows
The cloud promises unlimited capacity, pennies per hour to operate, 4+ nines of uptime and infrastructure managed by a dedicated staff. Even technical challenges around security and compliance can be achieved and are no longer suspect. So why wouldn't you send everything to the cloud?
Striking a balance between the needs of IT managers and software developers will lead to greater innovation in the IT space, a CTO has claimed.
Queensland Motorways has moved from an e-toll system to a free-flow project two years prior to its planned delivery date, in a project described as a ‘redefinition’ of the organisation.
Queensland Police has been awarded the BMC Innovation award at this year’s IT Service Management (ITSM) industry awards for its implementation of a service design process.
If your role involves managing IT within an organisation, starting a new job often means inheriting a hodgepodge of other people’s decisions strung together across generations of technology. The alternative is to join a start-up, but rarely does a start-up match the resources and budget that are afforded to IT in large existing organisations. So what if you could start from scratch without disrupting the business that you service?
A host of substantial problems with porting legacy apps to the cloud will keep most companies from diving in for now, say analysts reporting on weaknesses in the cloud and ISVs trying to fill in the gaps.
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo – The World’s Most Important Gathering of CIOs and Senior IT Executives 26-29 October 2015 on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Check out the Log Rhythm's NEW Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- Intel preps wireless power laptop tech for 2016
- Acer's Jade Primo smartphone puts a PC in your pocket
- Salesforce jumps into healthcare with a tailored cloud platform
- HP beefs up enterprise security suite with tools to root out malware, app vulnerabilites
- New drone hopes to make aerial photography a Snap
- Report: Big data analytics delivers revenue dividends
- CMO Interview: Unleashed's Anthony Mordech on the software marketing evolution
- Bank of Queensland: Digital transformation of banking is in its infancy
- Myer targets customers through digital and data in $600m transformation agenda
- Economist: Why it's time to re-think marketing in a customer-led economy