- What's the Best Android Tablet? Google Nexus vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
- How to define the scope of a project
- 10 Tips for Dealing with a Bully Boss
- Why Microsoft SharePoint Faces a Challenging Future
- Where is the Internet of Things heading in 2014?
CIO Australia spoke to five IT leaders about the key technology and business strategies that will help drive growth across their organisations this year.
The cloud promises unlimited capacity, pennies per hour to operate, 4+ nines of uptime and infrastructure managed by a dedicated staff. Even technical challenges around security and compliance can be achieved and are no longer suspect. So why wouldn't you send everything to the cloud?
Striking a balance between the needs of IT managers and software developers will lead to greater innovation in the IT space, a CTO has claimed.
Queensland Motorways has moved from an e-toll system to a free-flow project two years prior to its planned delivery date, in a project described as a ‘redefinition’ of the organisation.
Queensland Police has been awarded the BMC Innovation award at this year’s IT Service Management (ITSM) industry awards for its implementation of a service design process.
If your role involves managing IT within an organisation, starting a new job often means inheriting a hodgepodge of other people’s decisions strung together across generations of technology. The alternative is to join a start-up, but rarely does a start-up match the resources and budget that are afforded to IT in large existing organisations. So what if you could start from scratch without disrupting the business that you service?
A host of substantial problems with porting legacy apps to the cloud will keep most companies from diving in for now, say analysts reporting on weaknesses in the cloud and ISVs trying to fill in the gaps.
Sign up now »
Many Asia-Pacific organisations lack or are hindered in their ability to integrate, analyse, and extract insights from multiple internal and external databases. When it comes to big data, Asia-Pacific organisations ...
Enterprises, both small and big, are evaluating cloud computing and, in increasing numbers, are moving their IT infrastructure ...
"The most complex IT projects can be managed all right provided you ..."
Why IT projects really fail
"Yay, good news for the smart state."
Queensland government to provide 200 services online by 2015
"Great article, and it confirms what we see in call centers across ..."
Call Centers Suffer From Big Data Overload
"So why are people flocking to GumTree?"
CIO 100: Carsales wins top gong for innovation
"A much easier solution is to use LastPass. You will only have ..."
How to secure passwords and other critical numbers
- Conventional insurance may not cover cyber security breaches: Centre for Internet Safety
- JP Morgan suffers cyber attack, 465,000 card customer details stolen
- PayPal DDoS attackers plead guilty, some may walk free
- 'ZeroAccess' click-fraud botnet disrupted, but not dead yet
- Big Data security, privacy concerns remain unanswered
- Distracted consumers spend less time on social than email marketing: Report
- New report busts myths about millennials and their digital and social behaviour
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
- How to start the journey towards customer-centricity
- Gaining efficiency around search-based marketing: REA Group's keyword quest