legacy applications - News, Features, and Slideshows
CIO Australia spoke to five IT leaders about the key technology and business strategies that will help drive growth across their organisations this year.
The cloud promises unlimited capacity, pennies per hour to operate, 4+ nines of uptime and infrastructure managed by a dedicated staff. Even technical challenges around security and compliance can be achieved and are no longer suspect. So why wouldn't you send everything to the cloud?
Striking a balance between the needs of IT managers and software developers will lead to greater innovation in the IT space, a CTO has claimed.
Queensland Motorways has moved from an e-toll system to a free-flow project two years prior to its planned delivery date, in a project described as a ‘redefinition’ of the organisation.
Queensland Police has been awarded the BMC Innovation award at this year’s IT Service Management (ITSM) industry awards for its implementation of a service design process.
If your role involves managing IT within an organisation, starting a new job often means inheriting a hodgepodge of other people’s decisions strung together across generations of technology. The alternative is to join a start-up, but rarely does a start-up match the resources and budget that are afforded to IT in large existing organisations. So what if you could start from scratch without disrupting the business that you service?
A host of substantial problems with porting legacy apps to the cloud will keep most companies from diving in for now, say analysts reporting on weaknesses in the cloud and ISVs trying to fill in the gaps.
- FIRST LOOK: Ray Ozzie's Talko cloud calling/messaging iPhone app
- Internet of Things roundtable: Experts discuss what to look for in IoT platforms
- Gray market iPhone 6 prices plunge in China
- GoogleX to circle the Earth with Internet-connected balloons
- Ray Ozzie's Talko app stores calls in cloud, lets you search them
- CMO Council: CMO/CIO friction inhibiting digital marketing innovation
- Salesforce brings customer strategy mapping to mobile apps
- CMO interview: How Citibank is dishing up targeted customer engagement
- How haptics will transform your gadgets
- Report: Global digital advertising spend propelled by ad tech innovations