job cuts - News, Features, and Slideshows
Qantas Airways (ASX: QAN) has announced that 5000 jobs will go over the next three years with 1500 of these to be executives, management and support roles.
National ICT Australia (NICTA) has confirmed that redundancies are planned at its Victorian Research Laboratory (VRL) after the Victorian state government announced funding reductions.
IBM Australia has declined to confirm a report on the ABC News website claiming that the company was likely to cut more local jobs in early 2014.
Another 157 jobs at Optus hang in the balance after the telco closed a service centre and outsourced some IT functions to third-party vendors.
IBM has responded to media reports that it will be cutting up to 1500 Australian jobs by saying that transformation is an “essential feature” of its business model.
- FBI, Secret Service studying 'scope' of reported bank cyberattacks
- Betfair deploys new anti-fraud system from Sphonic
- Retailers urged to defend against 'Backoff' point-of-sale malware
- Retailers warned to act now to protect against Backoff malware
- Vulnerabilities on the decline, but risk assessment is often flawed, study says says
- How PaaS is helping Voltswagon to deliver customer leads on mobile
- Baskin-Robbins appoints new marketing chief and plans customer loyalty overhaul
- Qantas Loyalty won't be sold off, confirms Joyce
- Salesforce renames and revamps Communities service
- How video content is powering 12WBT's member and social media marketing strategy