job cuts - News, Features, and Slideshows
Qantas Airways (ASX: QAN) has announced that 5000 jobs will go over the next three years with 1500 of these to be executives, management and support roles.
National ICT Australia (NICTA) has confirmed that redundancies are planned at its Victorian Research Laboratory (VRL) after the Victorian state government announced funding reductions.
IBM Australia has declined to confirm a report on the ABC News website claiming that the company was likely to cut more local jobs in early 2014.
Another 157 jobs at Optus hang in the balance after the telco closed a service centre and outsourced some IT functions to third-party vendors.
IBM has responded to media reports that it will be cutting up to 1500 Australian jobs by saying that transformation is an “essential feature” of its business model.
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities