JRuby, a veteran among languages other than Java riding atop the JVM, will be upgraded Wednesday with the release of JRuby 9000.
java - News, Features, and Slideshows
java in pictures
Java EE (Enterprise Edition), which is geared to running large-scale network applications, has taken a back seat lately to Java SE (Standard Edition) as far as the buzz each has been creating.
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) has tendered for a replacement core banking solution that will process in excess of 320 million payment and 25 million collection transactions each year.
Red Hat is taking over stewardship of the OpenJDK 7 project, at the moment a generation behind the current release of Java.
Developers have plenty to look forward to in Java, given efforts afoot to add modularization and improvements data access and performance.
What began as an experiment in consumer electronics in the early 1990s celebrates its 20th anniversary as a staple of enterprise computing this week. Java has become a dominant platform, able to run wherever the Java Virtual Machine is supported, forging ahead despite the rise of rival languages and recent tribulations with security.
The new Microsoft-Oracle partnership benefits both companies, as Oracle gets access to Azure and Microsoft can finally license Java. Will the deal have any effect on either company's enterprise customers?
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- Check out the Log Rhythm's NEW Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo – The World’s Most Important Gathering of CIOs and Senior IT Executives 26-29 October 2015 on the Gold Coast, Australia
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC
- Report: Big data analytics delivers revenue dividends
- CMO Interview: Unleashed's Anthony Mordech on the software marketing evolution