java - News, Features, and Slideshows
java in pictures
Waratek is introducing its first product aimed at Java application security, and it works by identifying weaknesses, especially in open-source platforms, and then acts like a shield against attacks.
Slow startup times, null pointers, security flaws -- Java's ongoing success leaves plenty to complain about
Open source big data application platform specialist Concurrent has released a new version of the Cascading application framework and simultaneously released Cascading Lingual 1.0, an ANSI SQL interface for Hadoop.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of the IDG News Service.
James Gosling, the inventor of the Java programming language when he worked at Sun Microsystems, finds the security framework for Java he designed still stands up after all these years. In fact he's using it today to design marine robots that can be sent across the ocean to gather weather data or carry out research projects.
The new Microsoft-Oracle partnership benefits both companies, as Oracle gets access to Azure and Microsoft can finally license Java. Will the deal have any effect on either company's enterprise customers?
- Cybercrime group steals millions from Russian banks, targets US and European retailers
- South Korea nuclear operator runs drill after alleged hacker threat
- Exploits for dangerous network time protocol vulnerabilities can compromise systems
- Tor warns of possible disruption of network through server seizures
- Tor network offline in coming days due to Possible seizure
- Google looks for partners as it unveils autonomous car prototype
- Apple reopens Russian online store after boosting iPhone 6 price by 35%
- Google wants to turn browser signals of Web encryption upside down
- Decisions, decisions: Choices abound as data center architecture options expand
- Texas Instruments builds an alternative energy for the Internet of Things
- Being the first CMO: Mint Wireless' Justus Hammer talks data and results-driven marketing
- Fashioning a new style of customer interaction at The PAS Group
- Infographic: Top digital trends in 2015
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation
- Melbourne Stars look to fan engagement with mobile marketing offer