- What's the Best Android Tablet? Google Nexus vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
- The Moore's Law blowout sale is ending, Broadcom's CTO says
- How to define the scope of a project
- 10 Tips for Dealing with a Bully Boss
IT in pictures
The New South Wales Auditor-General has urged better governance and management of major IT projects at the NSW Department of Attorney General and Justice.
In an effort to cut costs and run more efficiently, the Australian National University is conducting a massive rationalisation of its IT systems.
More than 60 percent of employees say it is OK to transfer work documents to personal devices or online file-sharing apps. Given that statistic, it's no surprise that companies want to rein in BYOD. However, there may be alternative: A move to company-owned-personally-enabled devices promises to give employers greater control of mobile devices without trampling on privacy.
Australia has lost security and other enterprise technical skills to trendier IT areas like apps and online development, according to a report released today by Clarius Skills.
Telstra believes working with startups is a “strategic necessity” if it wants to survive increasing competition from over-the-top players and other rivals, according to Telstra CIO Patrick Eltridge.
A recent study reports that 50 percent of companies had an IT project fail in the last 12 months. Business leaders who blame IT are missing the real project management issues.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics paints a dark picture of the IT job market, but theres a bright spot -- CIOs are hiring more skilled IT contractors.
A survey of contract and freelance IT professionals shows healthcare and 401k plans are the most-missed perks of traditional employment, while there are many things they don't miss at all.
The buzz is all about Big Data and how best to use it to generate actionable intelligence. To do this, companies will need to hire loads of highly trained, highly paid data scientists -- or will they?
Being introverted doesn't have to slow your progress when it comes time to ramp up your career. In fact, introverts have many characteristics that help them succeed in the IT world. However, it's important you understand your characteristics and can control - and even take advantage of - them.
Sign up now »
In a volatile and hyper-competitive market, delivering exceptional multichannel customer service consistently is essential. But delivering world-class service on tight budgets and to even tighter deadlines is a tough challenge ...
Enterprises, both small and big, are evaluating cloud computing and, in increasing numbers, are moving their IT infrastructure ...
"If these 200 services are rolled out like some of the existing ..."
Queensland government to provide 200 services online by 2015
"So, because organisations have put Technology Managers into roles and called them ..."
CIOs need to get their house in order, CFO panel says
"big data is the future. Register for Jan 24-26 #BigData Bootcamp-Santa Clara ..."
Is Data Complexity Blinding Your IT Decision-Making?
"There's a lot in what you say that applies to financial markets. ..."
Why IT projects really fail
"A web app made by Treycent is very easy to integrate and ..."
CIOs say cost, complexity impede true mobile gains in enterprise
- NSA taps tracking cookies used by Google, others, to monitor surveillance targets
- Security tactics might have helped in foreign ministry hacks
- Many organisations lack DDoS response plan, Corero finds
- Brace for change: An interview with Tony Hayes of ISACA
- Adobe patches critical vulnerabilities in Flash Player, Shockwave
- Facebook performance report signals rising brand engagement on social
- Australia's love of online search advertising continues, finds new report
- Why Shazam is helping advertisers hit the right tune with consumers
- Twitter, the protector of news?
- B2B customers are increasingly led by consumer habits and experience