IT careers - News, Features, and Slideshows
- IBM cuts pay by 10 per cent for workers picked for training
- 24 Alternative Careers for Tech Workers That Aren't in IT
IBM has initiated a new training program that will cut the pay of participating employees by 10 per cent.
Competing forces are affecting people who work on help or service desks. One is improving automation tools, which advocates say can replace level 1 and 2 support staff. At the same time, the number of help desk tickets is rising each year, which puts more demand on the service desk.
The U.S. Commerce Department plans to hire a chief data officer , whose job will be to make more of the department's data publicly available. Whoever takes the job will be part of an exclusive club.
Super Retail Group CIO, Alan Hesketh, has resigned from his post after four-and-a-half years at the helm of the retailer’s technology team.
The time is ripe for professionalizing cybersecurity, according to Salve Regina University's Pell Center for International Relations and Public Policy.
The truth, when it comes to computer employment data, is almost always ugly.
In these lean times, backups aren't what they used to be; it's inevitable that IT staffers will be called to help, especially when an important issue is brewing.
Technology and HR pros, as well as IT recruiters, share their advice on how recent graduates and those still in college can best position themselves for a technology career.
See who's made the list the last 21 years.
Recruiting the best technology professionals starts with the job description. Here's how to make sure yours is hitting all the right areas.
- PGP creator, other top cryptographers head 2014 National Cyber Security Hall of Fame class
- Startup backs services with elasticity of AWS, Azure clouds to outlast DDoS attacks
- Rogue cell towers discovered in Washington, D.C.
- Apple beefs up security with 2-factor authentication for iCloud backups
- Twitter patches vulnerability that could have impacted advertising accounts
- Instructure takes on Australian educational tech market with Canvas
- Federal Goverment prepares new laws to tackle cyberbullying on social media
- Myriad IT puts charitable fund in the Cloud
- Mobile Manufacturers Forum backs Telstra’s initiatives for disabled Australians
- Telco complaints hit six-year low