IT careers - News, Features, and Slideshows
Microsoft's planned 18,000 job cuts, or 14% of its workforce, is the biggest tech layoff announced this year, surpassing Hewlett-Packard's announcement in May that it was cutting 16,000 jobs.
The technology industry’s gender imbalance is getting worse with a new study finding there has been a 27 per cent decrease in female IT workers since 2010.
In a speech Wednesday on the floor of the U.S. House, Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) declared immigration reform dead.
Ninety-two per cent of IT workers in Australia are either actively looking for or keeping an eye on job opportunities, a survey from IT recruitment company Greythorn has found.
The current shortage of cybersecurity professionals in the U.S will likely resolve itself over the next several years, according to the RAND Corp. But until then, companies will find it disturbingly difficult to find skilled workers.
In these lean times, backups aren't what they used to be; it's inevitable that IT staffers will be called to help, especially when an important issue is brewing.
Technology and HR pros, as well as IT recruiters, share their advice on how recent graduates and those still in college can best position themselves for a technology career.
See who's made the list the last 21 years.
Recruiting the best technology professionals starts with the job description. Here's how to make sure yours is hitting all the right areas.
CompTIA's CertMaster combines principles from neurobiology, cognitive psychology and game studies to help you learn new material and retain it for the long term.
- A10 Networks’ new channel vision to be delivered by WhiteGold Solutions
- Fujitsu World Tour: Cloud entering third phase of maturity
- Fujitsu World Tour: Future businesses will be defined by data first
- Robert Kaye retires as Macquarie Telecom chairman
- Fujitsu World Tour: NSW government revamping for Cloud, mobile service world
- Adobe details how it's transforming into a digital-first marketing organisation
- Yahoo buys Flurry to make more money from mobile apps
- Salesforce.com's trademark infringement anything but social, lawsuit claims
- Better CIO/CFO relationships see CMO salaries soar
- Report: Personalised marketing hampered by knowledge gap and privacy fears