IT careers - News, Features, and Slideshows
Super Retail Group CIO, Alan Hesketh, has resigned from his post after four-and-a-half years at the helm of the retailer’s technology team.
The time is ripe for professionalizing cybersecurity, according to Salve Regina University's Pell Center for International Relations and Public Policy.
Enterprises that keep the same CIO in place for years -- and even decades -- have a unique culture of collaboration and consistency.
Microsoft's planned 18,000 job cuts, or 14% of its workforce, is the biggest tech layoff announced this year, surpassing Hewlett-Packard's announcement in May that it was cutting 16,000 jobs.
The technology industry’s gender imbalance is getting worse with a new study finding there has been a 27 per cent decrease in female IT workers since 2010.
The truth, when it comes to computer employment data, is almost always ugly.
In these lean times, backups aren't what they used to be; it's inevitable that IT staffers will be called to help, especially when an important issue is brewing.
Technology and HR pros, as well as IT recruiters, share their advice on how recent graduates and those still in college can best position themselves for a technology career.
See who's made the list the last 21 years.
Recruiting the best technology professionals starts with the job description. Here's how to make sure yours is hitting all the right areas.
- Retired US airport body scanners fail to spot guns, knives
- The UPS Store says malware found on systems of 51 stores
- Plug-and-play Android security layer outlined by NC State researchers
- Moving toward smart and secure continuous software delivery
- Spam industry reinvented as messages containing malicious links surge
- FireEye highlights virtualisation and security opportunities in Sydney (+15 photos)
- Vaya undercuts major telcos with launch of NBN plans
- Meru Networks, Wavelink and Compulec deploy wireless solution at The Glennie School
- AWS Cloud boosts Bulletproof revenues
- WESTCON IMAGINE 2014: Build a private Cloud but don’t forget the software, says EMC
- Expedia MD: How we're rallying around the customer
- NRMA launches new content portal for over 50s
- Australians lead the world for programmatic video advertising growth
- Growth hacking and bridging the marketing/product gap: The Hipages story
- CMO Council State of Marketing shows CMO confident in c-level role, revenue targets