Many alternative mobile operating systems like Firefox have fallen by the wayside while Android and iOS continue to dominate, but Samsung's Tizen has survived.
ios - News, Features, and Slideshows
ios in pictures
One of Australia’s biggest technology users, Tabcorp, is using a development centre in Krakow, Poland to access application developers with skills needed by the multi-billion dollar organisation to build its digital capabilities.
There will be an increasing crescendo of noise around the Internet and Things (IoT) and cyber security - individually and between the domains, says David Gee.
ANZ on Friday announced an upgrade to its Internet banking platform, claiming it’s the first major Australian bank to offer a consistent experience to 2.1 million customers across desktop, tablet, and mobile.
Four months into new program, IBM dispels cost assumptions about Macs, raves about ease of support
Weddings. Job promotions. News articles. Facebook thinks it knows what the best stories are to drop in your news feed. But some users might want to see things their own way.
Every iPhone Apple sells today ships with 32 native applications but few, if any, are considered best in class. It may seem like Apple has lost its edge on mobile apps and software design, but the company's primary mission to sell hardware certainly hasn't suffered as a result. Indeed, the Apple experience -- a polished user interface married with premium hardware -- is as much about looks as functionality, and the technology ecosystem Apple has built continues to grow and mature.
Faster innovation, better security, new markets -- the case for opening Swift might be more compelling than Apple will admit
The new Apple-IBM partnership seems sure to help Apple sell more iPads to businesses, but it may also be setting off alarm bells at mobile device management companies large and small.
Apple won't lose any sleep over the Lenovo acquisition of Google's Motorola handset business, analysts said today.
Virtually every analyst who follows Apple has jumped on the bigger iPhone bandwagon, asserting that the company will step into the quickly-growing large-screen market this year.
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- Chinese users blast Microsoft's assertive Windows 10 upgrade op
- Windows 10 books big growth spurt
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
- Wayfair takes augmented reality, Project Tango to the enterprise
- Telstra’s broadband outage: How a minor software change became a big problem
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 27 May
- How this marketer got a traditional manufacturing business to embrace digital
- David Jones marketing chief departs; digital executive role created
- Mercer CMO: How B2B brands can achieve customer love
- Pure Storage CMO's tips to make your marketing resonate