Aiming at health care as a key vertical market, Oracle has taken a minority stake in medical device maker Proteus Digital Health, which sells ingestible and wearable sensors for tracking health-related information.
Intel Capital, Samsung Venture Investment and Telefónica Digital have all invested in Expect Labs, whose technology is used to analyze and understand conversations in real-time and find related information.
Chinese Internet giant Alibaba Group has acquired an 18 percent stake in the Twitter-like Weibo service from Sina, as part of a partnership focused on social commerce and giving merchants on Alibaba the opportunity to connect and build relationships with Weibo users.
Verizon Wireless reportedly has offered US$1 billion to $1.5 billion for some of Clearwire's spectrum leases, possibly complicating Sprint Nextel's attempt to buy out the company in conjunction with its acquisition by Softbank.
Intel is hoping to get more Chinese developers to back its products by forming a new joint innovation lab with the nation's largest search engine Baidu.
Taking Dell private is a bold move, but won't ensure success. If you can't recognize opportunities and execute properly as a public company, buying yourself shelter from investors only takes you so far. The bigger challenge will be rejiggering the corporate culture and core processes to make more innovation possible.
Whitepapers about investments
HP QuickPage is designed to help small to medium businesses (SMBs) stay on top of their printing and imaging needs with one complete contractual agreement that covers hardware, installation, supplies, and support. Read on.
Sign up now »
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
More and more business applications are being created by “citizen developers” - end users who are not IT developers but who create solutions for themselves and their groups. This white ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- AusCERT 2013: Users, cats more likely hack culprits than cyber-espionage: Trustwave
- AusCERT 2013: Home-electronics gear’s UPnP as insecure in Australia as rest of world: Metasploit
- AusCERT 2013: Big data skills help beat the bad guys, says HP
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 Day One
- Dell targets ANZ security opportunities as SecureWorks debuts locally