Allocating work time to experiment and cultivating a ‘fail fast’ culture have been hailed by many organisations as ways to foster innovative thinking to solve business problems. But there’s a science behind this that works by training the brain to process and arrange data to help it get to that ‘eureka’ moment.
innovation - News, Features, and Slideshows
innovation in pictures
A solution that let's people manage their health from the surrounds of their own home without the need for trips to the doctor has won the Hack Aging Hackathon.
Advancements in machine learning will not be the death knell of the modern workforce but rather provide ample new opportunities for growth, according to Telstra’s new CEO, Andrew Penn.
The Internet has created radical changes in our personal lives. We now live in a “consumerised” online world where we shop for products and services with a few taps on a smartphone.
Qantas is set to benefit from a wealth of new ideas generated during its first ever hackathon last weekend.
British beverage company Diageo is the largest producer of spirits in the world and owner of some of the world's most storied brands, including Crown Royal, Smirnoff, Ketel One, Gordon's, Tanqueray, Captain Morgan and Johnnie Walker. Tradition is a byword at Diageo, but so is innovation.
iPads, smartwatches and Google Glass weren't around when Van Gogh created his iconic self-portraits in the 1800s. So how does an institution like the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which has been around for 145 years, integrate new technology? That's the question CTO Jeff Spar and his team asked themselves as they tried to reduce visitor wait times, speed up the ticketing process and enhance the museum experience without disrupting it.
I was the top launch analyst for Windows 95 and that product effectively launched me and I've worked with that firm for two decades now. Since then I've watched and been troubled by the many unfortunate changes and mistakes Microsoft has made.
Gone are the days when government CIOs could expect to exercise total control over how their agencies invested in ICT.
How Qantas’ tech chief, Luc Hennekens, is ensuring the airline’s IT function is at the forefront of business innovation.
Whitepapers about innovation
In the past, application delivery was something that stood in the way of business objectives. It slowed down key initiatives and delayed time-to-market for innovative services. Read the Forrester report that describes the keys to effective application delivery in the modern age. You will learn: how to deliver innovative software at a pace that was inconceivable just a few years ago, how to master a fluid approach to design and development across functions and organisations, how to open up a performance advantage over dev shops that don’t embrace these methods.
Videos about innovation
- Check out the Log Rhythm's NEW Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Prevent – Detect – Mitigate. Advanced Threat Protection a multi layered approach to Security – Videos, Demos, Whitepapers.
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo – The World’s Most Important Gathering of CIOs and Senior IT Executives 26-29 October 2015 on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- Using customer personas while maintaining excellence: The key to omnichannel
- Darkode cybercrime forum might be making a comeback
- Motorola launches 3 new Android phones with 'amazing value'
- Google: Lock up your Compute Engine data with your own encryption keys
- Microsoft starts pre-loading Windows 10 upgrade onto PCs
- Intel, Micron claim a new class of memory between flash and DRAM
- CMO: Customer experience economy requires corporate culture rethink
- Getting your board to support marketing
- Brand redesign, customer data and product story top priority list for Salmat's new CMO
- Report shows businesses still struggle with innovation
- How voice analytics helps iiNet hear customer problems on its network