Identity theft has been the top consumer complaint to the Federal Trade Commission now for 13 years running.
Dell can trump Cisco in the information-technology security market, say Dell's executives in describing how the company with its multifaceted approach will hold an edge against some powerful rivals that also include HP and IBM.
About 1 in 3 "mission-critical" applications are currently in the cloud, and this is expected to increase to 1 in 2 by 2015, according to a survey of 400 IT and business managers.
Amazon Web Services today launched Data Pipeline, a new tool designed to make it easier for users to integrate data stored in multiple disparate spots to manage and analyze it.
Everyone is a trend watcher. But at a certain point, to determine which trends will actually weave their way into the fabric of business computing, you need to first take a hard look at the technologies that gave life to the latest buzz phrases.
Securing a hybrid cloud is not the same thing as deploying hybrid security products.
Two major identity management companies are forging ahead with products designed to satisfy what a cloud-computing consortium calls one of the trickiest problems preventing secure and automated connections between internal IT infrastructures and external service providers: identity and authentication.
After posting 5 Free Ways to Track Online Leaks of Information, I received numerous requests asking how to identify the online source leaking the confidential company information. Here are some techniques a corporate investigator can use to identify anonymous users online.
Your identity is like George Costanza's wallet. Really. Think about it. Do you remember the classic Seinfeld episode? The one where George wouldn't give up his ever-expanding wallet filled with store credit cards, Irish money, a coupon for an Orlando Exxon gas station and several Sweet and Low packets. This, in spite of the obvious physical pain it caused and the security threat all of that imposed.
Whitepapers about identity management
Today's computing environment demands IT attention to a wide range of security issues. Learn from security practitioners at Google who are on the frontlines of fighting spam, malware and phishing, securing identity management in hosted web apps and monitoring the network and detecting intrusion.
Sign up now »
- FTTest Manager - IMMEDIATE STARTNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTTechnical Account Manager - MSP + CloudVIC
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
- FTSenior E-Commerce PHP Developer- North Sydney- E-commerce Software $110kNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Projects EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Field Engineer - MSNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSnr Web Developer PHP/Magento/API integration into E-commerce sites. $100k+SuperNSW
Lawyers work hard, and they work fast. Any activity that takes their focus away from the task at hand represents lost productivity and lost revenue. Slater & Gordon Lawyers needed ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Attack on Telenor was part of large cyberespionage operation with Indian origins, report says
- Facebook, financial firms targeted by online maurauders
- Pressure mounts for building in security during application development
- The week in security: Aussie banks targeted as mobiles drive privacy fears
- Bank trojan targets users of Bitcoin exchange Mt Gox