ICT jobs - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australia’s ICT job market has picked up over the past quarter with the market for new skills standing at its highest point for more than a year.
ICT pay across Australia has remained static following a slight softening in the tech sector, according to a Peoplebank salary survey.
Around 12,300 new ICT jobs are expected to be available in the year to February 2013 with further growth anticipated to 2015 unless Australia enters a minimum two year recession, according to data from the Australian Computer Society.
The Information Technology Contract and Recruitment Association (ITCRA) has praised the Queensland Government's new ICT procurement model, calling it a win-win for the Government and ICT contractors.
The National ICT Careers Week will again be held this year in an effort to increase the uptake of IT education and training.
- Home Depot breach could potentially be as big as Target's
- Home Depot investigates possible payment data breach
- "Outraged" Apple issues update on celebrity cellphone nude photo breach
- Apple says iCloud flaw not at root of celebrity photo hack
- Apple blames leaked nude celebrity photos on 'targeted attack'
- Google Enterprise becomes Google for Work
- MSPs are in an increasingly fragmented environment: GFI Max
- Dicker Data net profit down 43 per cent in full year results
- Don’t forget devices in unified communications sales: Jabra
- Australian bitcoin company launches first online exchange in United Arab Emirates