When you're involved in a job search, meetings over lunch or coffee with contacts in your network-and with your contacts' contacts-can help you uncover job opportunities or lead you to people who work at desirable organizations. Depending on how you approach these meetings, your networking will be either tremendously productive or a painful waste of everyone's time.
how to network - News, Features, and Slideshows
Being an introvert isn't the end of the world or your career. However, to be successful in the IT field today, you've got to overcome shyness and learn that it's OK to ask for (and offer) help.
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo – The World’s Most Important Gathering of CIOs and Senior IT Executives 26-29 October 2015 on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Using customer personas while maintaining excellence: The key to omnichannel
- Check out the Log Rhythm's NEW Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- Prevent – Detect – Mitigate. Advanced Threat Protection a multi layered approach to Security – Videos, Demos, Whitepapers.
- HP expands its HP Helion Network in Asia-Pacific and Japan
- SkyFii signs another trial services agreement
- Uptake of subscription video on demand services skyrockets in Australia: Telsyte
- Riverbed Technology introduces new portfolio of professional services
- Kaseya appoints Fred Voccola as CEO and Yogesh Gupta as new board chairman
- Lenovo brings on Integral's ad tech intelligence to improve ad viewability
- Report: Aussie consumer brand advocacy for retailers at all-time low
- How SAP plans to bring analytics to soccer
- Citi taps new data source to personalise dining loyalty program
- Digital advertiser Netccentric raises $12.5m and floats on ASX