When you're involved in a job search, meetings over lunch or coffee with contacts in your network-and with your contacts' contacts-can help you uncover job opportunities or lead you to people who work at desirable organizations. Depending on how you approach these meetings, your networking will be either tremendously productive or a painful waste of everyone's time.
how to network - News, Features, and Slideshows
Being an introvert isn't the end of the world or your career. However, to be successful in the IT field today, you've got to overcome shyness and learn that it's OK to ask for (and offer) help.
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo – The World’s Most Important Gathering of CIOs and Senior IT Executives 26-29 October 2015 on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Check out the Log Rhythm's NEW Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Druva picks Exclusive Networks A/NZ as it's distribution partner
- VMworld 2015: VMware A/NZ increases its investment into its partner community
- IN PICTURES: VMworld 2015 global party (+38 photos)
- AEC picks NEXTDC for datacentre services
- BAE Systems Applied Intelligence brings its Cloud-based security solution to A/NZ
- The 7 common mistakes marketing leaders are still making
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC
- Report: Big data analytics delivers revenue dividends