Harvey Nash - News, Features, and Slideshows
Tech experts with skills in enterprise architecture, cloud, mobile development, as well as user experience and design will be in high demand this year across Australia.
IT leaders gathered at Sydney's Four Seasons Hotel to discuss the results of global recruiter Harvey Nash's 15th Annual CIO Survey for 2013.
There are only a few CIOs who are delivering on their innovation initiatives in their organisations, with the majority struggling to find the time and resources to make it happen, according to Harvey Nash’s 2013 global CIO survey.
Just under a third of CIOs are planning to take up a role with a different organisation within the next 12 months, according to recruiter Harvey Nash’s 2013 global CIO survey.
With sales and marketing departments having more control over the technology agenda in many organisations, CIOs need to think about whether they are putting in enough time and effort in their relationship with the chief marketing officer (CMO) as they would with finance and other business chiefs.
Successful organisations do two things well. Firstly, they innovate externally by, for instance, producing better products than their competitors. Secondly and just as importantly, they innovate inside their businesses.
- Mobile apps could be abused to make expensive phone calls
- Amazon tricks up CloudFront encryption with anti-spy feature
- The 10 most terrifying security nightmares revealed at the Black Hat and Def Con hacker conferences
- NIST taking input for mobile security guidelines
- City of London Police brings in Kaspersky to train officers to tackle cybercrime