Amazon Web Services has been under fire in recent weeks from a group of activist customers who are calling for the company to be more transparent in its usage of renewable energy.
Greenpeace - News, Features, and Slideshows
Greenpeace in pictures
Jack Wood, CIO for home goods e-commerce powerhouse Wayfair, wears many hats and he doffed them all at <a href="http://events.networkworld.com/ehome/index.php?eventid=8349&">IT Roadmap</a> in Boston this week.
Fujitsu unlocks smartphone with iris ... Russian cybergroup stalks U.S. bank customers ... Online video pushes up cloud power consumption ... and more tech news
In the fractious debate over net neutrality, efforts to strike a compromise don't seem to be working. A proposal reportedly favored by a top U.S. regulator is drawing fire from groups on both sides of the issue, with 70 pro-net neutrality groups speaking up against the plan Friday.
U.S. lawmakers got a report card on Friday: they've been graded by the Electronic Frontier Foundation and other groups on whether they are effectively reining in the National Security Agency's surveillance programs.
- Marketo CEO: Ditch the volume game, focus on value
- Autodesk, Hakkasan, AWS, Hootsuite share engagement strategies
- United Airlines ditches plan to make CEO chairman after passenger scandal
- Fitbit announces new virtual race platform to enhance customer experience
- Marketo touts engagement play with latest acquisition