More than 1,600 teenage girls, age 13-17, and 136 teachers from 61 schools, attended the recent Go Girl, Go For IT conference at Deakin University in Melbourne, which was aimed at inspiring and encouraging girls to pursue a career in science and technology. The event is spearheaded by Vic ICT for Women (a volunteer group of ICT female professionals that work to recruit and retain and promote women in IT).
- All tech giants fail on security disclosure, but Microsoft and Google do best
- Millions of websites affected by unpatched flaw in Microsoft IIS 6 web server
- Open-source developers targeted in sophisticated malware attack
- VMware patches critical virtual machine escape flaws
- Attack, detection metrics improve but security specialists warn against complacency