Gmail in pictures
Integrating Google Wallet with Gmail makes sending and receiving funds as easy as sending an email. Here's what you need to know about the new feature.
Gmail is back online after an outage late Monday morning that provoked a global response on social media.
Before I get to this week's main topic I must give a big thumbs-up to a book that all of you who like to cook will thoroughly enjoy: "Cooking for Geeks: Real Science, Great Hacks, and Good Food" by Jeff Potter (pub. O'Reilly).
Google has started pushing its Google+ social networking service further into Gmail with new features that let users add to their circles directly from their email accounts.
Many users live their lives in Gmail, all without ever recognising its full potential. These widgets can help.
Gmail's newest features include ways to search for old emails, quickly add meetings to your calendar, send large files and more. Here's a look at five of Google's latest email features to help you make the most of the popular Web-based service.
Do you trust Google? If you use its multitude of online services on a daily basis you might, but is that assumption wise? For some, Google is a wonderful company with a broad selection of useful online tools that make life easier, but for others Google is a looming, unregulated monster just waiting for the moment to drop the 'don't' from the company's unofficial motto, "Don't be evil."
We'll guide you through the ins and outs of three Gmail add-ons that make Google's Web-based e-mail more flexible and efficient. And yes, one solves the dreaded airplane problem.
In what analysts describe as a risky strategy, Google last week revealed experimental new features being developed for its Google Apps software, inviting customers to try them. Whether or not enterprises can be convinced to experiment with the software remains to be seen.
Whitepapers about Gmail
Sign up now »
- FTTest Manager - IMMEDIATE STARTNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
- FTTechnical Account Manager - MSP + CloudVIC
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior E-Commerce PHP Developer- North Sydney- E-commerce Software $110kNSW
- FTSenior Field Engineer - MSNSW
- FTSenior Projects EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSnr Web Developer PHP/Magento/API integration into E-commerce sites. $100k+SuperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
It can be argued that what distinguishes midsize businesses most from large and small companies is not size, but attitude. While attitude alone cannot mitigate the challenges faced by midsize ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Govt asks industry for help to stem security breaches
- Peculiar malware trail raises questions about security firm in India
- Attack on Telenor was part of large cyberespionage operation with Indian origins, report says
- Facebook, financial firms targeted by online maurauders
- Pressure mounts for building in security during application development