Gartner Symposium 2012 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Gartner Symposium 2012 in pictures
The view of IT as ‘just another expense’ that seems to be widely held among chief financial officers is changing, according to Gartner. The research firm found that CFOs are now starting to understand that IT can help the wider business and are investing in technology.
Working on cloud, mobile and information projects within international analyst firm, Gartner, while keeping the CFO happy is a balancing act which global CIO Darko Hrelic has juggled for almost six years.
Gartner's annual Symposium and ITxpo wrapped up on the Gold Coast this week after four days of insights from ANZ CIO Anne Weatherston, Twitter co-creator Dom Sagolla and Gartner's international team of analysts. Delegates also their hair down at networking party Gartner Rocks. Photos supplied by Gartner.
Shifting ANZ Banking Group from an Australian and New Zealand centric bank to a super-regional Asia Pacific financial services entity while implementing new technology is Anne Weatherston’s top priority for the next five years.
While CBA CIO Michael Harte has dismissed data sovereignty and security excuses used by businesses not to move to the cloud as “absolute garbage”, over at ANZ, CIO Anne Weatherston has taken a different approach to cloud adoption.
- NATO security certification opens new markets for Australia's Senetas
- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Disaster as CryptoWall encrypts US firm's entire server installation
- 5 great examples of augmented reality in marketing
- Catch of the Day retailer hooks fresh customer insight with NPS
- Tourism Australia's Nick Baker wins AMI Marketer of the Year
- Content marketing can't be measured on the last-click: Outbrain CEO
- Latest crowdsourced guide rates top A/B testing vendors for marketers