Gartner Symposium 2012 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Gartner Symposium 2012 in pictures
The view of IT as ‘just another expense’ that seems to be widely held among chief financial officers is changing, according to Gartner. The research firm found that CFOs are now starting to understand that IT can help the wider business and are investing in technology.
Working on cloud, mobile and information projects within international analyst firm, Gartner, while keeping the CFO happy is a balancing act which global CIO Darko Hrelic has juggled for almost six years.
Gartner's annual Symposium and ITxpo wrapped up on the Gold Coast this week after four days of insights from ANZ CIO Anne Weatherston, Twitter co-creator Dom Sagolla and Gartner's international team of analysts. Delegates also their hair down at networking party Gartner Rocks. Photos supplied by Gartner.
Shifting ANZ Banking Group from an Australian and New Zealand centric bank to a super-regional Asia Pacific financial services entity while implementing new technology is Anne Weatherston’s top priority for the next five years.
While CBA CIO Michael Harte has dismissed data sovereignty and security excuses used by businesses not to move to the cloud as “absolute garbage”, over at ANZ, CIO Anne Weatherston has taken a different approach to cloud adoption.
- North Korea blames US for Internet blackouts, calls Obama 'monkey'
- Google's Gmail appears to have been blocked by China at IP level
- 'The Interview' already Sony Pictures' top online film ever
- Sony: PlayStation Network is back online now, really
- Reports: North Korea's Internet access, mobile networks down
- Solomo presents unprecedented opportunity for service-led marketing, says marketing strategist
- How JustGiving is using social tactics and data to personalise giving
- Being the first CMO: Mint Wireless' Justus Hammer talks data and results-driven marketing
- Fashioning a new style of customer interaction at The PAS Group
- Infographic: Top digital trends in 2015