The view of IT as ‘just another expense’ that seems to be widely held among chief financial officers is changing, according to Gartner. The research firm found that CFOs are now starting to understand that IT can help the wider business and are investing in technology.
Gartner Symposium 2012 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Gartner Symposium 2012 in pictures
Working on cloud, mobile and information projects within international analyst firm, Gartner, while keeping the CFO happy is a balancing act which global CIO Darko Hrelic has juggled for almost six years.
Gartner's annual Symposium and ITxpo wrapped up on the Gold Coast this week after four days of insights from ANZ CIO Anne Weatherston, Twitter co-creator Dom Sagolla and Gartner's international team of analysts. Delegates also their hair down at networking party Gartner Rocks. Photos supplied by Gartner.
Shifting ANZ Banking Group from an Australian and New Zealand centric bank to a super-regional Asia Pacific financial services entity while implementing new technology is Anne Weatherston’s top priority for the next five years.
While CBA CIO Michael Harte has dismissed data sovereignty and security excuses used by businesses not to move to the cloud as “absolute garbage”, over at ANZ, CIO Anne Weatherston has taken a different approach to cloud adoption.
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 19 January 2017
- CMOs weigh in on their technology clout and martech plans for 2017
- Vegemite brand back in Australian company hands following $460m Bega acquisition
- Gartner: How CMOs will spend more on technology than CIOs in 2017
- NZ startup gets $3m to drive mobile ad app expansion