Gartner Symposium 2012 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Gartner Symposium 2012 in pictures
The view of IT as ‘just another expense’ that seems to be widely held among chief financial officers is changing, according to Gartner. The research firm found that CFOs are now starting to understand that IT can help the wider business and are investing in technology.
Working on cloud, mobile and information projects within international analyst firm, Gartner, while keeping the CFO happy is a balancing act which global CIO Darko Hrelic has juggled for almost six years.
Gartner's annual Symposium and ITxpo wrapped up on the Gold Coast this week after four days of insights from ANZ CIO Anne Weatherston, Twitter co-creator Dom Sagolla and Gartner's international team of analysts. Delegates also their hair down at networking party Gartner Rocks. Photos supplied by Gartner.
Shifting ANZ Banking Group from an Australian and New Zealand centric bank to a super-regional Asia Pacific financial services entity while implementing new technology is Anne Weatherston’s top priority for the next five years.
While CBA CIO Michael Harte has dismissed data sovereignty and security excuses used by businesses not to move to the cloud as “absolute garbage”, over at ANZ, CIO Anne Weatherston has taken a different approach to cloud adoption.
- Drive-by attack relies on hacked GoDaddy accounts
- Message security in spotlight as 'Minister for Encryption' Turnbull reasserts importance of privacy
- FREAK is another serious flaw in the Web's encryption
- Google to stop patching Chrome for 60M Android users this May
- Snowden willing to face trial in US, if it's fair
- Too soon to change tax treatment of Bitcoin, Treasury says
- Apple, like Google, to hire full-time security guards in Silicon Valley
- IBM plugs OpenPower servers into SoftLayer cloud
- Sony updates Morpheus PS4 headset with bigger, faster screen
- Judge says $415 million settlement in Silicon Valley hiring case is 'substantial'
- CMO Interview: How McDonald's is putting customer centricity back on the menu
- The visible expert: How to create industry stars, and why every CMO should care
- Twitter CFO floats idea of newspaper-like 'daily edition'
- Changing culture key to achieving digital agility
- OpenText CMO: Role of marketing technologist will be short lived