In the first of a two part series, CIO looks at the history of the chief information officer; when the role came into being and why many CIOs are still considered technology boffins rather than business strategists.
- Heightened security threat could follow Dallas Buyers Club anti-piracy defeat
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Schneier: terrorists will switch to more secure alternatives to avoid encryption backdoors
- Study finds that anti-crypto laws won't work on an international stage
- Indegy finds out when industrial controls go bad (think Stuxnet)