In the first of a two part series, CIO looks at the history of the chief information officer; when the role came into being and why many CIOs are still considered technology boffins rather than business strategists.
- Democrats unveil bill to probe Russia's role in alleged election hacks
- Obama's cybersecurity recommendations a small step forward, but need teeth and political willpower
- Latest Android security update fixes Dirty COW, GPS vulnerabilities
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- Cybersec think tank: insecurity-by-design means IoT botnets are here to stay