In the first of a two part series, CIO looks at the history of the chief information officer; when the role came into being and why many CIOs are still considered technology boffins rather than business strategists.
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- The week in security: Growing attacks prompt calls for cybersecurity speed-up as election looms
- Intel considers selling off McAfee antivirus business
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controlling the noise from the fans
- The EU and US reportedly reach data-transfer deal