Focus11 in pictures
Copying all the data from an intercepted 16GB iPhone could be done in as little as 11 minutes by the year 2016, according to forecasts by security vendor, McAfee.
McAfee's parent company, Intel, is set to work on five areas of collaboration with the security vendor over the next five years, including securing mobile devices and improved Cloud security.
After a day of keynotes including insights from Virgin founder, Sir Richard Branson, and break out sessions with McAfee staff, delegates were keen to let their hair down in sunny Las Vegas.
With music and humour from a Rat Pack tribute act (Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Junior and Dean Martin), and the lure of the tables at the Palazzo hotel/ casino, there was plenty to keep staff and customers entertained well into the night.
The first commercial space passengers of Virgin Galactic will be experiencing weightlessenes and "one hell of a ride" by the start of 2013, according to the space travel company's founder, Sir Richard Branson.
On route to the Focus11 conference, media were invited into McAfee's 'war room' and briefing centre where the company monitors threats such as Android malware and shows customers how it can mitigate incoming attacks.
Sign up now »
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
With the exponential growth and sophistication of malware today, the security industry can no longer afford to ‘bury its head in the sand’. The bottom line is that traditional endpoint ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- U.S. urged to let companies 'hack-back' at IP cyber thieves
- AusCERT 2013: Introduction to Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion - AusCERT Presentation
- Auscert 2013: Perimeter protection has failed, encryption needs its day in the sun
- Researchers find more versions of digitally signed Mac OS X spyware
- AusCERT 2013: Low-level analysis can find, map data deleted from Android phones
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes