Telecommunications and data centre provider Vocus Communications (ASX: VOC) has posted half year revenue of $30.6 million, driven largely by sales of its fibre network and data centre services.
Telstra has completed repairs to a damaged redundant inland fibre cable near Harlin in Kingaroy, restoring emergency triple zero services.
Four more areas across Australia can now switch on to the National Broadband Network (NBN), with around 9000 premises now able to sign up for NBN services.
iiNet has boasted it now has more customers connected to its fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) network than NBN Co has connected to the National Broadband Network (NBN).
The first fibre for the National Broadband Network (NBN) in Goodna, Queensland, has been hauled, with residents to be switched on to the network from early next year.
The European Commission unveiled a long-awaited draft recommendation Friday for how to create new fiber-optic-based telecommunication networks throughout Europe, but the move was heavily criticized from both sides in the debate over next-generation networks.
Sign up now »
The Cloud isn’t about locality. It is about quality of service delivery, cost, and whether the services consumed satisfy our objectives. For the enterprise, you need to select the right ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Introduction to Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion - AusCERT Presentation
- Auscert 2013: Perimeter protection has failed, encryption needs its day in the sun
- AusCERT 2013: Low-level analysis can find, map data deleted from Android phones
- Cybercrime Survey: Almost half of small business victims
- AusCERT 2013: Cloud-based scanner identifies new malware by its ancestry
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes