Facebook starts prompting users this week to select friends and pages whose content will display higher than everything else. Here’s how to use this tool to customize your news feed.
Facebook - News, Features, and Slideshows
Facebook’s redesign of mobile profiles include looping profile videos, temporary profile pictures and new privacy controls. Here’s a look at how these features work.
Facebook isn't always fun or rewarding, but you can easily improve your experience by tweaking some basic settings and performing routine maintenance. Carefully curating your News Feed and a more controlled approach to notifications could turn a so-so experience on Facebook into one you'll actually enjoy.
Facebook's news feed algorithm, which determines the posts you see and the ones you don't, has been a work in progress -- and pain point for users -- for years. This week, the social network took another step toward giving back some control with a new set of preferences that dictate which friends and pages you want to see content from first.
Social media has become a new way to find new customers, provide support, market products, share news and even develop customer relationships. Because of the free-form nature of services like Twitter and Facebook, large companies can enjoy the benefits of frequent personal interaction. Dell can "like" a comment from a happy laptop owner on Facebook, Bristol-Myers can share corporate news directly with their 67,000 followers on Twitter.
How can social media help businesses drive traffic to their ecommerce or bricks-and-mortar sites this holiday season? CIO.com posed that question to dozens of marketers and social media experts. Following are their top seven strategies for how to use Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube to engage customers and get them -- and their friends -- to check out (and hopefully buy) your holiday offerings.
Weddings. Job promotions. News articles. Facebook thinks it knows what the best stories are to drop in your news feed. But some users might want to see things their own way.
Don't leave your network in the dark when you leave a job. Here are the dos and don'ts for announcing a career change on LinkedIn and other social networking sites.
An easy step-by-step guide to setting up a MySQL database server, along with phpMyAdmin, on Fedora, CentOS, or Ubuntu
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. Looking back, I do not regret my decision to protect my tweets, and I'll tell you why.
Back in November 2010, Facebook announced plans for a "social inbox" -- a space that would serve as a hub for all communications that people use online or via mobile phones, ranging from text messages and chat messages to e-mail messages, too.
Many people log on to Facebook primarily for fun, but businesses are increasingly turning to the social networking site as an advertising gold mine. By placing ads on Facebook, you can zero in on a select portion of some half a billion users according to their interests and demographics.
QUESTION: I signed up for a Facebook account and uploaded some photos to my profile. I was soon contacted out of the blue by someone I didn't want to hear from and who I didn't know could see my photos and profile. I've been told that I should stop using Facebook, but will I still be able to see my photos if I cancel my account, and how can I make sure no one else can see them?
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Chinese users blast Microsoft's assertive Windows 10 upgrade op
- Windows 10 books big growth spurt
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
- Wayfair takes augmented reality, Project Tango to the enterprise
- Telstra’s broadband outage: How a minor software change became a big problem
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 27 May
- How this marketer got a traditional manufacturing business to embrace digital
- David Jones marketing chief departs; digital executive role created
- Mercer CMO: How B2B brands can achieve customer love
- Pure Storage CMO's tips to make your marketing resonate