Apple, Facebook and Google each reported earnings this week, and though the results varied, they also reaffirmed the scale and industry-wide impact of these massive tech companies.
Facebook - News, Features, and Slideshows
Facebook in pictures
The SDK enables integration of iOS mobile apps with services on the social network
Facebook ramped up its open-source initiative in 2016, and the company has already seen a 35 percent increase in followers.
A new report spotlights the challenges publishing companies grapple with on Facebook as the social giant continues to gain power over publishers even as it regularly changes policies and causes confusion.
Facebook's staff of 13,000 employees are now Microsoft Office 365 users, the social networking giant announced Tuesday.
Facebook starts prompting users this week to select friends and pages whose content will display higher than everything else. Here’s how to use this tool to customize your news feed.
Facebook’s redesign of mobile profiles include looping profile videos, temporary profile pictures and new privacy controls. Here’s a look at how these features work.
Facebook isn't always fun or rewarding, but you can easily improve your experience by tweaking some basic settings and performing routine maintenance. Carefully curating your News Feed and a more controlled approach to notifications could turn a so-so experience on Facebook into one you'll actually enjoy.
Facebook's news feed algorithm, which determines the posts you see and the ones you don't, has been a work in progress -- and pain point for users -- for years. This week, the social network took another step toward giving back some control with a new set of preferences that dictate which friends and pages you want to see content from first.
Social media has become a new way to find new customers, provide support, market products, share news and even develop customer relationships. Because of the free-form nature of services like Twitter and Facebook, large companies can enjoy the benefits of frequent personal interaction. Dell can "like" a comment from a happy laptop owner on Facebook, Bristol-Myers can share corporate news directly with their 67,000 followers on Twitter.
Nothing provokes app uninstalls like sluggish performance and aggressive battery consumption. Facebook reveals how it uses mobile device testing to prevent those uninstalls.
'Bots' are hot today, and popular tech companies including Apple, Facebook and Google all take dramatically different approaches to bot technology. Here's what bots from these consumer giants could mean to enterprises.
U.S. data centers have used about the same amount of energy annually over the past five years or so, despite substantial growth in the sector, according to a new report published by scientists at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
Facebook continues to defy expectations with incredible growth in virtually every important area of business success, and its accomplishments stand in stark contrast to Twitter's decidedly tepid performance.
With all the positive news that came out of Facebook's earnings call, the social networking giant has hit the zone.
Whitepapers about Facebook
Facebook, the world’s largest social networking site, needed to ensure that its remote access portal and Citrix XenApp virtual application environment could provide fast, reliable connectivity and Performance—without becoming a pathway for network intrusion and data theft. Read More
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Deakin University taps Thomas Duryea for Citrix and AppSense deployment
- UXC Red Rock to leverage NetSuite ecosystem following Oracle merger
- ACCC warns against tax scams as ransomware increases
- Oracle squares up to Cloud rivals with $US9.3 billion NetSuite acquisition
- WA government seeks aid from local integrator on ICT strategy
- Black Hat security conference trims insecure features from its mobile app
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- Microsoft listens and learns, pulls a passing grade for Windows 10's freshman year
- Tech boosts the fan experience at U.S. Bank Stadium
- Meet OPPO, the fastest-growing smartphone brand in the world